Page 1116 of 1125 FirstFirst ... 11661610161066110611141115111611171118 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,160 of 11241

Thread: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

You hair looks really pretty erebus How long have you been growing it out for?

Length
    15/23,4/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee93 View Post
    Well, I'm back after a year. I had just hit waist this past February (see first photo below.) I had my routine down, my hair just seemed to be thriving (NOT perfect but thriving! ) Then, cut to a major hair disaster this June. I had a bad (professional) dye job, which had to be fixed by another professional with a color correction (6 hour process). My hair was fried. I had one trim in June, and a second trim in August because the damage was just...awful.

Before (sometime in February 2019):

Between June and October, I've had 3 trims and a major boost of appreciation for my hair (it has withstood SO much.) I just got my 3rd trim this past weekend and couldn't be happier with my fresh ends; even after 2 trims they looked frayed, now they look so much better. I think this stylist is a keeper (third time's a charm, seriously...) See photo below. So, I'm back at here again, except last time I was in this forum I was APL. I am currently just above BSL. It feels just as short as APL did, I think because of my layers. Cheers to all of us!!

After (October...a few days ago)
    Welcome! Quite the history you got there! I can relate to bleach damage as I've been there as well. Your hair does look very close to BSL but I can imagine it can feel shorter! Happy growing to you and I hope your hair recovers to how it used to be!
    16.APL.23.24.25.BSL.27.28.29.WL
    .31.32.33.TB.34.35.36.37.38.HIP
    .39.40.41.42.43.CL...FTL

Hey everyone! I just recently measured my hair and Im at 18 which is the longest Ive ever grown! I hope to get to BSL soon but it looks like Ill be sticking around for a while

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Welcome, honeybee93 and a1oevera!

Now you are at the crossroads of your life and all your roads lead to strange places

🦉

Length
    .5 in/25 in/??
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by OhSuzi View Post
    Definitely joining this thread now! - If you constantly trap your hair in your arm pits - it has to be at least arm pit length right!?

I get paranoid ish that as its ggetting longer it's getting thinner (chopping a fringe in prob didnt help that) and more unruly, my hair is constantly falling out - I'm a bit worried that if I ever get with a guy and hes going to start stroking my lovely glossy hair, but then be disgusted as it wraps it's self around him like the cracken and bits all fall out in his hand.

Nothing further to contribute - its just nice to note this mile stone - hair is definitely longer than its ever been before!
    Happy growing ladies & gentlemen - see you in like 6 months time on the BSL to waist thread hahah!
    Hahh hah welcome OhSuzi. I always have that worry too about my husband. I know what you mean about hair falling out. Something that helps me, I just discovered, is if I am going to wear it down, I finger comb it over the trash or something, or outside and get lots of those loose hairs out so they are not falling out constantly through out the day.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    I'm having trouble uploading images to my album. I keep getting a generic error message, and re-sizing the images doesn't help. There's an error even if I try uploading a file that I've previously uploaded, doesn't make sense. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also not sure if I belong in this thread since I don't wear a bra I'm not sure where BSL would hypothetically be on me, but waist is quite far away so...

I went for a trim today, and ended up having more cut off than I had intended to. At least the ends look okay now. Below is before (left), after (middle, right). The picture quality is a bit bad, but maybe you can still tell that the ends were a bit worn before. A bit sad I lost so much length though.
    Im sorry your trim was shorter than you wanted, that is such a bad feeling but I think your hair is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee93 View Post
    Well, I'm back after a year. I had just hit waist this past February (see first photo below.) I had my routine down, my hair just seemed to be thriving (NOT perfect but thriving! ) Then, cut to a major hair disaster this June. I had a bad (professional) dye job, which had to be fixed by another professional with a color correction (6 hour process). My hair was fried. I had one trim in June, and a second trim in August because the damage was just...awful.

Before (sometime in February 2019):

Between June and October, I've had 3 trims and a major boost of appreciation for my hair (it has withstood SO much.) I just got my 3rd trim this past weekend and couldn't be happier with my fresh ends; even after 2 trims they looked frayed, now they look so much better. I think this stylist is a keeper (third time's a charm, seriously...) See photo below. So, I'm back at here again, except last time I was in this forum I was APL. I am currently just above BSL. It feels just as short as APL did, I think because of my layers. Cheers to all of us!!

After (October...a few days ago)
    welcome back! I understand hair color damage all too well. It's a bummer to lose so much length, but I think your hair looks really good! Happy growing.

I recently measured my hair and it is 25 inches. However, it is still so short! Just barely beyond APL. Which from the front means that it looks very short.

I feel kind of lost on styling and care this time around growing it. What is everyone else doing? How often are you washing and what are you washing with? Also how are you wearing it? I want to take care of my hair but I am also overwhelmed by all the information out there.

Right now I wash twice a week with sulfate silicone free shampoo and conditioner and air dry it. I mostly wear it up in a messy bun with a scrunchie, sometimes held with a hair scroo or two. I don't brush it. That is about it.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

I feel kind of lost on styling and care this time around growing it. What is everyone else doing? How often are you washing and what are you washing with? Also how are you wearing it? I want to take care of my hair but I am also overwhelmed by all the information out there.

Right now I wash twice a week with sulfate silicone free shampoo and conditioner and air dry it. I mostly wear it up in a messy bun with a scrunchie, sometimes held with a hair scroo or two. I don't brush it. That is about it.
    I can understand feeling overwhelmed. Sounds like you have solid routine going. You should keep it up and not worry too much if it works for your hair. Things usually start to go south for me when I try to do too much with my hair (trying a lot of new products and switching back and forth, manipulating my hair too much, stressing about it). In most cases less is more, I think.
    I wash twice a week also. My routine is low-sulfate. Weekly deep conditioning, monthly deep cleansing. I use leave-ins and scalp products when I feel like it (usually day or two before wash day). I do CWC and hot oil treatments here and there. For styles I use invisibobbles, scrunchies, hair screws, sticks and forks. All my styles are pretty basic and boring: ponytails, messy buns and different braids.

Now you are at the crossroads of your life and all your roads lead to strange places

🦉

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I think the best way to decide on routine adjustments is to make decisions with a purpose. So a good thing to ask yourself is - what problems am I having? Then adjust from there. So many times I've tried something new because it sounded like a good idea but my hair didn't actually need it. Then I created more problems than I solved lol!

I CWC every other day. Any cone free conditioner on the first C, sulfate shampoo, then coney conditioner followed by a citric acid rinse. I wear my hair down most of the time. I also henndigo once a month or two Oh, and I use a BB brush every day.

Length
    25/26/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I just had a trim bringing me back to about 24 before I embark on my ultimate goal of 50. Currently Im struggling to find good protective hairstyles because of the layers in my hair. I love braids but the layers always end up poking out.

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hahh hah welcome OhSuzi. I always have that worry too about my husband. I know what you mean about hair falling out. Something that helps me, I just discovered, is if I am going to wear it down, I finger comb it over the trash or something, or outside and get lots of those loose hairs out so they are not falling out constantly through out the day.

Im sorry your trim was shorter than you wanted, that is such a bad feeling but I think your hair is beautiful!

welcome back! I understand hair color damage all too well. It's a bummer to lose so much length, but I think your hair looks really good! Happy growing.

I recently measured my hair and it is 25 inches. However, it is still so short! Just barely beyond APL. Which from the front means that it looks very short.

I have recently found out that for my hair less is more. I used to wash my hair with a cone free shampoo, condition, then put gel and mousse in it, then scrunch. My hair quickly turned into a giant frizzball, so i took out gel and mousse and now i just wash when i start feeling my scalp itching (it happens every three days or so), condition with a garnier hair food mask (all of them are good for my hair), spray a bit of EOlaboratorie herbal serum on it and let it air dry with little manipulation. Then i gently finger comb it and put it up.
    Usually i wear LWB's, but sometimes i'll braid it or clip it into a peacock twist.

I have ordered a new shampoo meant for curly hair. I have read great reviews about it so i hope it works for me.
    ChL-SL-APL-BSL-WL-HBL-TBL ........
    23 months dye free
    "When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    .5 in/25 in/??
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    I can understand feeling overwhelmed. Sounds like you have solid routine going. You should keep it up and not worry too much if it works for your hair. Things usually start to go south for me when I try to do too much with my hair (trying a lot of new products and switching back and forth, manipulating my hair too much, stressing about it). In most cases less is more, I think.
    I wash twice a week also. My routine is low-sulfate. Weekly deep conditioning, monthly deep cleansing. I use leave-ins and scalp products when I feel like it (usually day or two before wash day). I do CWC and hot oil treatments here and there. For styles I use invisibobbles, scrunchies, hair screws, sticks and forks. All my styles are pretty basic and boring: ponytails, messy buns and different braids.
    Thanks, yeah I agree that less is more. I think I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    I think the best way to decide on routine adjustments is to make decisions with a purpose. So a good thing to ask yourself is - what problems am I having? Then adjust from there. So many times I've tried something new because it sounded like a good idea but my hair didn't actually need it. Then I created more problems than I solved lol!

I CWC every other day. Any cone free conditioner on the first C, sulfate shampoo, then coney conditioner followed by a citric acid rinse. I wear my hair down most of the time. I also henndigo once a month or two Oh, and I use a BB brush every day.
    Good point. My problem is that I am getting bored with my hair but I don't like wearing it down very much. My hair has also gotten dry so I am been doing more sulfate free shampoo and co washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I have recently found out that for my hair less is more. I used to wash my hair with a cone free shampoo, condition, then put gel and mousse in it, then scrunch. My hair quickly turned into a giant frizzball, so i took out gel and mousse and now i just wash when i start feeling my scalp itching (it happens every three days or so), condition with a garnier hair food mask (all of them are good for my hair), spray a bit of EOlaboratorie herbal serum on it and let it air dry with little manipulation. Then i gently finger comb it and put it up.
    Usually i wear LWB's, but sometimes i'll braid it or clip it into a peacock twist.

I have ordered a new shampoo meant for curly hair. I have read great reviews about it so i hope it works for me.
    I know what you mean Stray_mind, I do the same routine for a while but eventually I don't like how it makes my hair so I stop. I really can't get into gel.

I need to try a hair mask I think, maybe I will check out some garnier masks. I have not tried a LWB yet, I worry that my hair is too short for it. I will try it tommorow and see how it goes. I hope your new shampoo works out for you Stray!

Thanks everyone for your tips and input about what you are doing with your hair these days!

I just got some As I Am cowash that I have been reading about for years and I tried it tonight. Can't wait to see what it looks like when its dry!