Page 2485 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 14851985238524352475248324842485248624872495 ... LastLast
Results 24,841 to 24,850 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

I'm not that far behind you at 55 and often wonder what I'll look like when the majority of them change over. I looked at your avatar and the white and silver looks nice, it's what I'm hoping for when the time comes, as opposed to a steely grey.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Its been a month now since I did a coloring and my silvers start showing now.
    Now, I usually don't get a very distinct demarcation line between dyed and natural hair. Here I can see how henna and henndigo sits on the top layer and the natural colour and greys peak from underneath.
    The most noticeable are the strands on top of the head and close to face.
    It will be a long journey

Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Its been a month now since I did a coloring and my silvers start showing now.
    Now, I usually don't get a very distinct demarcation line between dyed and natural hair. Here I can see how henna and henndigo sits on the top layer and the natural colour and greys peak from underneath.
    The most noticeable are the strands on top of the head and close to face.
    It will be a long journey

It may be a long journey, but it will be a very interesting one, paulownia. Your hair has gotten so long, it is lovely, especially with the pretty, silver tinsel.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    It may be a long journey, but it will be a very interesting one, paulownia. Your hair has gotten so long, it is lovely, especially with the pretty, silver tinsel.
    Thanks luluj
    Yes, long and not easy journey. I think that henna is the most difficult dye to grow out towards salt and pepper. Its such a drastic difference between warm shades of henna and cool silver. I will need a lot of patience

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I finally had lighting that could capture my salt and pepper! Hellloooooo sparkles!!!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by olivetime View Post
    I finally had lighting that could capture my salt and pepper! Hellloooooo sparkles!!!

Wow, gorgeous colour
    I can't wait to see my silvers showing more

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Beautiful, olivetime!

-

I notice the dozen or so silvers I have are all coming in on the under layer of hair near my temples. I like it but am looking forward to them getting longer so they don't poke out when I put my hair up in a bun.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Your sparkles are gorgeous against your dark hair, Olivetime!

After another bad patch of illness and another Great Shed about a year and a half ago, my hair is coming in positively wavy! I mean, unconditioned it's 2b/2c! Between that and how dry it's getting I've no idea of how to care for it, as until a few years ago I had perfectly straight hair! My beloved Redken shampoo was discontinued a few years ago, and I'm finally down to my last 2 liters, so I've been trying other things, but they all seem to bother either my scalp, my hair, or my asthma. Frustrating, but I'll get there. My hair is quite thin at the ends, but I'm only about an inch from BSL so I'm letting it grow until then and then will hold there and micro trim.

Oh, and I also got another new crop of silvers, so I now have plenty of silver in the back too, not just the front and sides!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Thanks luluj
    Yes, long and not easy journey. I think that henna is the most difficult dye to grow out towards salt and pepper. Its such a drastic difference between warm shades of henna and cool silver. I will need a lot of patience
    You are welcome, paulownia. Patience is a requirement for transitioning, yet the time really does pass pretty quickly.
    Last edited by luluj; August 25th, 2022 at 03:59 AM.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by olivetime View Post

Very pretty, olivetime.. Mother Nature's highlights are the best.