Page 501 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 40145149149950050150250351155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Akka Naeda, that is gorgeous!!! Congrats on your 1 yr Renegray anniversary!!

Cassi
    said:
    My hubby actually made some comment about the grey being *hot* the other day. YAY!!
    Yeah!!! It IS hot!!

Hampshirelass
    asked:

Is there any definate do and don'ts with silver hair? I have read comments on silvers being eager to absorb colour from hair care products, I guess the way round that is to use white shampoo etc., but how about other hair treatments? Is there anything that will make the silvers sparkle and shine? There have been several comments about the difference in texture of silvers - does silver hair need different care than other colours?
    I just use soapnuts for washing, no conditioner or other products. It's been wonderful for both my silvers and dark hairs. They are both really shiny and the silvers stay nice and white and sparkly, and they behave well (lay down flat and don't get all crazy and wiry). When I used commercial shampoo, unfortunately, that didn't work as well. My silvers would stick out and be crazy!

I have been very lucky to not have a demarcation line really, since my henndigo color was so close to my natural color, plus all my silvers are underneath.

I think you will love the sparkle of the silvers!! I do. I really do think it's like "tinsel" or "nature's highlights" when cared for well!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akka naeda View Post

So beautiful!!!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by akka naeda View Post

Happy one year dye -free anniversary! Your hair is absolutely stunning here.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Here's a new length shot, after a 2" trim! My hair color is off in this picture because of the sun shining in the window, but I wanted to show you my trim.

Here's a close up of the different colors. I think the colors going through my braid look cool!

~Renegray Gang Member~

Hello Everyone...I am an old member who dropped out and went the way of scissors and dye for a couple of years. I am back now with renewed resolve to grow out my hair and let my gray come in. I last dyed my short hair (nape length growing out from a pixie cut) dark brown 2 days ago. In preparation for this challenge I have done the following:
    Threw out all developer and dye I had in the house
    Tossed all shampoo and conditioner containing silicones
    Tossed all styling products containing silicones
    I am left with coconut oil, VO5 conditioner and Giovanni gel for styling.
    I will get some sulfate and silicone free shampoo for use after oiling and some silicone free deep conditioner for once a week.
    Sorry for the long post, but I feel as though I am taking a pledge here or signing a contract. All of you are so gorgeous and such fun. Can I come grow natural and long with you? (and yes, I do ride a Harley)

Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BikerNana View Post
    Hello Everyone...I am an old member who dropped out and went the way of scissors and dye for a couple of years. I am back now with renewed resolve to grow out my hair and let my gray come in. I last dyed my short hair (nape length growing out from a pixie cut) dark brown 2 days ago. In preparation for this challenge I have done the following:
    Threw out all developer and dye I had in the house
    Tossed all shampoo and conditioner containing silicones
    Tossed all styling products containing silicones
    I am left with coconut oil, VO5 conditioner and Giovanni gel for styling.
    I will get some sulfate and silicone free shampoo for use after oiling and some silicone free deep conditioner for once a week.
    Sorry for the long post, but I feel as though I am taking a pledge here or signing a contract. All of you are so gorgeous and such fun. Can I come grow natural and long with you? (and yes, I do ride a Harley)

BIKERNANA!!!! I'm so happy to see you back here! Welcome to our humble thread!

Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paper View Post
    Here's a new length shot, after a 2" trim! My hair color is off in this picture because of the sun shining in the window, but I wanted to show you my trim.

Here's a close up of the different colors. I think the colors going through my braid look cool!

Your hair looks fantastic, paper!!! The colors going through your braid look very cool!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Paper: I really like the different colors in your braid! And your trim looks gorgeous - although honestly, it doesn't look like you lost two inches to me! It's really pretty!

Welcome, Bikernana! I think you'll enjoy the Renegrays! (but you do know some of use still use 'cones, right? Shh, don't tell anyone I told you!)

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Paper, I love it!! And I agree with Rags, I can't tell that you actually lost two inches - you've got great length and the colors going through the braid are super cool!!

Bikernana, welcome!!! So great to have you!! Shall I add you to the list of Renegrays?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    BIKERNANA!!!! I'm so happy to see you back here! Welcome to our humble thread!
    Xanergrammy...what can I say, You were my inspiration before and will be again. Thank You for the warm welcome.