Page 2407 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 14071907230723572397240524062407240824092417 ... LastLast
Results 24,061 to 24,070 of 24219

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

I haven't been here in a little bit.
    Lady Stardust I'm so sorry to hear about your father. these are hard times.

I love your growing silver <3

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    I haven't been here in a little bit.
    Lady Stardust I'm so sorry to hear about your father. these are hard times.

I love your growing silver <3
    Thank you enting Yes itís hard times for everyone. It helps a lot when we support each other so hugs to anyone who needs them for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    This is awesome!
    Thank you for sharing that link Neoma! It looks great.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Lady Stardust, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how traumatic losing a parent is (((hugs))).
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    Lady Stardust, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how traumatic losing a parent is (((hugs))).
    Thank you vpatt, and hugs back to you

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Hi everyone and a belated welcome to the newcomers to this thread! Everyoneís hair is looking beautiful.

It can be nerve wracking taking the first steps to growing in silvers, but for me at least, it has become much easier. I love the depth my silvers give to my hair, and itís fascinating watching how all the colours are changing.

I took some pictures for my 2 year post henna anniversary at the beginning of April, but I didnít post them because my Dad was very ill and I couldnít really find the motivation or the right words. Unfortunately my dadís health went from bad to worse, and he contracted Covid-19. He died on 20 April.

Iím just trying to feel my way back onto the forum now. Iím not very good with words at the moment but I thought I should just try.

Iíve read that some people are finding the henna transition difficult, so I thought Iíd post my pictures here in case it helps to see progress. My roots, at the beginning, looked very ashy, and I thought there was no warm pigment left in my hair. However as time has gone on, the warmth has come out in the canopy. The underlayer is cooler, so the contrast with the henna is greater.

Hereís the canopy. I donít know if you can see the silver highlights, but I genuinely love them!

The underlayer - you can just see a white flash on the right hand side

I asked my husband to take a close up and hereís the start of a silver streak!

Incidentally, my hair colour seems to come from my dadís side of the family. He told me itís the same colour as his motherís, and my cousin told me the same. Iíve only ever seen black and white photos of her hair, and she died before I was born, but itís nice to have that connection.
    So sorry for your loss Lady Stardust. I too lost my father suddenly, a few years ago. Itīs hard.

Your transition looks very smooth. Lovely!
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    So sorry for your loss Lady Stardust. I too lost my father suddenly, a few years ago. Itīs hard.

Your transition looks very smooth. Lovely!
    Thank you Idun. I’m sorry for your loss too, and for everyone here who has been through this. My mum died 8 years ago and I know that it does get easier, but I don’t think we ever stop missing them. I count my blessings that I had such lovely parents.

Your natural hair colour is coming through beautifully!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Thank you Idun. I’m sorry for your loss too, and for everyone here who has been through this. My mum died 8 years ago and I know that it does get easier, but I don’t think we ever stop missing them. I count my blessings that I had such lovely parents.

Your natural hair colour is coming through beautifully!
    Thank you! I struggle getting used to a less colourful apperance, even if itīs not such a large difference. Some days Iīm happy about it, some days not.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    Thank you! I struggle getting used to a less colourful apperance, even if itīs not such a large difference. Some days Iīm happy about it, some days not.
    I felt the same to begin with, because the henna is so vibrant. It definitely gets easier when there’s more regrowth and the silvers can come into their own.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I think it's been about three months since I last hennaed, and my silvers are coming in nicely. I don't have a lot of gray, yet, maybe 10% or less. So there's no line of demarcation.

Because of the henna, my hair is more like salt and paprika than salt and pepper.

This pic was taken in daylight with a flash.

Last edited by Neoma; June 6th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Very pretty Neoma!