Page 2406 of 2421 FirstFirst ... 14061906230623562396240424052406240724082416 ... LastLast
Results 24,051 to 24,060 of 24207

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

...My vanityís a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/31/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Lady Stardust, sending lots of love and hugs. I can't imagine that kind of pain. Hoping time and the ability to grieve will slowly heal the hurt.
    Very happy to see you here and your hair is just beautiful.

in lurker mode

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    Lady Stardust, sending lots of love and hugs. I can't imagine that kind of pain. Hoping time and the ability to grieve will slowly heal the hurt.
    Very happy to see you here and your hair is just beautiful.
    Thank you so much, for both the kind words and the compliment

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I took some pictures for my 2 year post henna anniversary at the beginning of April, but I didn’t post them because my Dad was very ill and I couldn’t really find the motivation or the right words. Unfortunately my dad’s health went from bad to worse, and he contracted Covid-19. He died on 20 April.
    I am so sorry. My condolences.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hi everyone and a belated welcome to the newcomers to this thread! Everyoneís hair is looking beautiful.

It can be nerve wracking taking the first steps to growing in silvers, but for me at least, it has become much easier. I love the depth my silvers give to my hair, and itís fascinating watching how all the colours are changing.

I took some pictures for my 2 year post henna anniversary at the beginning of April, but I didnít post them because my Dad was very ill and I couldnít really find the motivation or the right words. Unfortunately my dadís health went from bad to worse, and he contracted Covid-19. He died on 20 April.

Iím just trying to feel my way back onto the forum now. Iím not very good with words at the moment but I thought I should just try.

Iíve read that some people are finding the henna transition difficult, so I thought Iíd post my pictures here in case it helps to see progress. My roots, at the beginning, looked very ashy, and I thought there was no warm pigment left in my hair. However as time has gone on, the warmth has come out in the canopy. The underlayer is cooler, so the contrast with the henna is greater.

Hereís the canopy. I donít know if you can see the silver highlights, but I genuinely love them!

The underlayer - you can just see a white flash on the right hand side

I asked my husband to take a close up and hereís the start of a silver streak!

Incidentally, my hair colour seems to come from my dadís side of the family. He told me itís the same colour as his motherís, and my cousin told me the same. Iíve only ever seen black and white photos of her hair, and she died before I was born, but itís nice to have that connection.
    Iím so sorry for your loss Lady Stardust.
    Your transition looks beautiful. Nice and subtle and smooth. The opposite of mine.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Lady Stardust, my deepest condolences on the loss of your Dad. May your Higher Power help you through this most difficult time, and may all your memories be happy ones.
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Lady Stardust, I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray that with time you will be able to remember your Dad with a smile and not tears. It's so hard to lose a loved one, and I still miss my Dad, it's 10 years since he went to be with the Lord. Grieve as you need to.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hi everyone and a belated welcome to the newcomers to this thread! Everyoneís hair is looking beautiful.

It can be nerve wracking taking the first steps to growing in silvers, but for me at least, it has become much easier. I love the depth my silvers give to my hair, and itís fascinating watching how all the colours are changing.

I took some pictures for my 2 year post henna anniversary at the beginning of April, but I didnít post them because my Dad was very ill and I couldnít really find the motivation or the right words. Unfortunately my dadís health went from bad to worse, and he contracted Covid-19. He died on 20 April.

Iím just trying to feel my way back onto the forum now. Iím not very good with words at the moment but I thought I should just try.

Iíve read that some people are finding the henna transition difficult, so I thought Iíd post my pictures here in case it helps to see progress. My roots, at the beginning, looked very ashy, and I thought there was no warm pigment left in my hair. However as time has gone on, the warmth has come out in the canopy. The underlayer is cooler, so the contrast with the henna is greater.

Hereís the canopy. I donít know if you can see the silver highlights, but I genuinely love them!

The underlayer - you can just see a white flash on the right hand side

I asked my husband to take a close up and hereís the start of a silver streak!

Incidentally, my hair colour seems to come from my dadís side of the family. He told me itís the same colour as his motherís, and my cousin told me the same. Iíve only ever seen black and white photos of her hair, and she died before I was born, but itís nice to have that connection.
    I'm so sorry for your dad, LadyStardust, I know words aren't adequate
    Your haircolor is so lovely and delicate, and I think it's beautiful that you have a part of your Grandma always with you!
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Thank you Lapushka, hennalonghair, Jo Ann, Sarahlabyrinth and SleepyTangles. Your kind words are much appreciated.
    Last edited by Lady Stardust; June 2nd, 2020 at 09:23 AM.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

This is awesome!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    This is awesome!
    Thank-you for posting this, Neoma, you are right, it looks awesome.