Page 101 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Haha, I'm sure it's not smoke - you gals are hotties!!

silver really is hip in the fashion world right now. Good timing for us!
    This is true, actually! I've been seeing it too!

I was talking with DH the other day, and he came up with something very brilliant! We were watching 60 Minutes or something like that, and they were saying that research is coming very close to being able to extend human life out to age 150 with exceptional health. DH said, now that people live such long lives, perhaps now silver hair is just a sign that you are actually adult now and no longer an adolescent!

That actually could be true, in this time when 30 year olds still live at home or have their parents pay their rent. Maybe we should all let the silver shine as proof of our adulthood! :-)

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Treecrown View Post
    I hate to be so shallow when you are all expressing such lovely and wise thoughts, but I have to admit that my main worry with the grey was that it would make me look older than my 38 years, which I am definitely not ready for!
    Yes, but think about how our society, especially the media, has literally been on our case for years: WOMEN MAY NOT GROW OLD. Men can, and look "distinguished" when they do it. Women... well, we're just not supposed to. Look at all the aging movie stars who you see with the dark hair dye, inches of makeup and the soft-focus portraits. Old? Never! So, we real women get caught up in these stupid expectations and think we have to fool everyone into believing we're still in our twenties or thirties.

Youth is attractive. But honestly, age has its own attractions and I want to embrace them.

( I can't believe how philosophical I've turned on this thread. Somebody throw a shoe at me and tell me to shut up.)
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by susiemw View Post
    Hmmmmm,
    tonight had a band member who was performing at my families business come up to me brush the side of my hair back and tell me my patch of grey was sexy.

It was a nice thing to say even if he was blowing smoke LOL

Susan

What a great compliment! Love it!

I also love the gray haired mannequins. Thats a step in the right direction. If most start getting a gray hair or two in their 30's, then most of society should have some gray hair.
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Youth is attractive. But honestly, age has its own attractions and I want to embrace them.

( I can't believe how philosophical I've turned on this thread. Somebody throw a shoe at me and tell me to shut up.)
    Haha, quite the contrary! I love what you've been saying, it's really been helping me stick with it!!

If most start getting a gray hair or two in their 30's, then most of society should have some gray hair.
    That is so very true!!!

Length
    17/40/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Linda K View Post
    curls2grow: Welcome! but you don't need a pic to join!
    I too have wished for curls - hoping a little fluffing would really hide the dreaded red scalp!

XG: Love your pic - your silvers are looking great! (skin too lucky duck!)

Autumn Leaves - lovely doo! I spied an area of 'heavy cream'! Looks very nice! May I ask how you did your hair to get that look? It reminds me of the Gibson Girl - a personal favorite I'm hoping I can wear someday.

Paper: How did the birthday celebration go? Hope all was wonderfully relaxing!

How does everyone keep on top of everything of interest in these forums? (And not end up writing novels????)
    A couple things I want to share from the GGLG book - to encourage everyone - but it might take 10 pages!

Mellie: hope your day was special - sounds quite promising!
    I just know I'm forgetting something ... someone ...
    This place is so active, I don't know how to not end up writing a book either! And I don't like the idea of leaving people out when responding. So, I'll just say welcome to the new ladies! And everyone's doing and looking great! Wow, the photos are incredible!

Let us know about the book, Linda.

Length
    17/40/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    I had the same concerns while I was dyeing my hair. I turned 50 however, and lost my precious sister, and my perspective changed. I found TLHC 2 months after my sister passed away and it just felt "right" for me to be authentic and one step of that was to grow out my colors. I have the privilege of growing older. I want to see what my true colors look like.

I so appreciate this, Xandergrammy. My mother died when she was 38. She left 7 children aged 16 to 4. I was almost 7. She didn't get to see how her kids fared. What sort of friends they would hang around, the sort of people they could have chosen to date and then marry, the jobs/careers they would choose, the hobbies they would tinker with, the children they in their time would have. Our society says 38 is old, but not when you die at that age.

I have gotten to live 8 years longer than did she. I may (or may not?? who the heck knows) be in perimenopause. If I live, I will experience that when she did not. I will experience the grays, the sagging, the lines, the health issues that come with getting older and then being old. All the not so great things. Ah, but the good things! Being alive! Playing with kittens, walks in the park, watching the sun go down and then up, a great steak, a book that moves one to tears, the dog tearing up the dirty laund--oh, wait, that's a bad one. Ahem, anyway.

It's not all bad. We tend to make things more complicated that necessary, and there are plenty of people out there more than willing to help! Yes, to be more wise, gracious, lovely. That's how I would like to think my mother would have done it, keeping it real. So, I hope I do so as well, for the both of us.

Length
    17/40/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MemSahib View Post
    Yes, but think about how our society, especially the media, has literally been on our case for years: WOMEN MAY NOT GROW OLD. Men can, and look "distinguished" when they do it. Women... well, we're just not supposed to. Look at all the aging movie stars who you see with the dark hair dye, inches of makeup and the soft-focus portraits. Old? Never! So, we real women get caught up in these stupid expectations and think we have to fool everyone into believing we're still in our twenties or thirties.

Testify, sistah.

And then smack me with that shoe when you're done.

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rimi View Post
    I so appreciate this, Xandergrammy. My mother died when she was 38. She left 7 children aged 16 to 4. I was almost 7. She didn't get to see how her kids fared. What sort of friends they would hang around, the sort of people they could have chosen to date and then marry, the jobs/careers they would choose, the hobbies they would tinker with, the children they in their time would have. Our society says 38 is old, but not when you die at that age.

I have gotten to live 8 years longer than did she. I may (or may not?? who the heck knows) be in perimenopause. If I live, I will experience that when she did not. I will experience the grays, the sagging, the lines, the health issues that come with getting older and then being old. All the not so great things. Ah, but the good things! Being alive! Playing with kittens, walks in the park, watching the sun go down and then up, a great steak, a book that moves one to tears, the dog tearing up the dirty laund--oh, wait, that's a bad one. Ahem, anyway.

It's not all bad. We tend to make things more complicated that necessary, and there are plenty of people out there more than willing to help! Yes, to be more wise, gracious, lovely. That's how I would like to think my mother would have done it, keeping it real. So, I hope I do so as well, for the both of us.
    Lovely, Rimi. Thank you. — Wise, gracious, lovely. — A beautiful goal.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    Short/25.25/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Rimi: Thanks too for the nice words. I've been having a day with DD14. I needed a boost of perspective.

I can always find something nice on LHC to turn my day around
    <-- July 2008 . . . . . . . Every day my hair is not shorter than the day before.
    Proud member of The Renegray Gang

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MemSahib View Post

No way. Women have to share their wisdom with each other. Your philosophy is very similar to mine, but you put it into words so beautifully.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!