Thread: A question about religious hair

Length
    pixie/bob/???
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default A question about religious hair

I didn't want to hijack a thread but I have a question for the apostolic Pentecostals (did I spell that right):

After reading through that poll, I was reading some information about beliefs about hair and was curious about the restriction of braids and why? A simple braid seems much plainer than some of the rolled bun styles that I saw in the links. Is this only some groups or is this every church.

Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: A question about religious hair

1 Peter 3:3 says that a woman's beauty should not come from outer adornment like braided hair. I tend to think that this applies to any elaborate hair style that may draw attention to oneself but I totally respect those who take it literally to mean no braids.
    My experience has been that the rules about hair braiding (and cutting) vary with each congregation.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EchoAudra View Post
    1 Peter 3:3 says that a woman's beauty should not come from outer adornment like braided hair. I tend to think that this applies to any elaborate hair style that may draw attention to oneself but I totally respect those who take it literally to mean no braids.
    My experience has been that the rules about hair braiding (and cutting) vary with each congregation.
    That was very well said EchoAudra. I believe that Paul is referring to women who were trying to draw too much attention away from the real reason for being there which was worship, that is not braids in general. I also totally respect others beliefs about this however.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    baby/38"/48"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

That's a good questions... I didn't even know the apostolic pentecostals were legalistic as far as hair... and that's surprising... because I know my denominations very well... lol.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SaraTaylor16 View Post
    That's a good questions... I didn't even know the apostolic pentecostals were legalistic as far as hair... and that's surprising... because I know my denominations very well... lol.
    I wouldn't call it legalistic, might be a little offensive to them. And it also varies GREATLY from one congregation to another just like anything else.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil