Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby hairs on the front hair line

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Baby hairs on the front hair line

At the front near my hair line i have the most horrible frizzy baby hairs, they never grow any longer than a couple of inches past my chin. The texture is similar to afro hair, it has always been like this and seems to be a family trait as both my daughters have it and my mum. Its so dry no matter what i do it never softens.

Can baby hairs be grown as long as the rest of hair or do they only ever get to a certain length and then stop?
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Account Closed by Member Request
    Somewhere in the forest of Sevenwaters...
    Length
    14.75/15"/19"
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Baby hairs on the front hair line

I have some baby hairs at the top of my hairline and I know that they have gotten longer...

Still...it isn't regrowth, you say?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

They were growing the same rate as my fringe which is now collar bone length but my wispies stopped at just past chin. I even started parting my hair when its tied back, rather than pulled straight back to see if it is breakage.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I think this is natural. Hair texture can be very different on different parts of your head. I have the frontline baby-hair thing going on, too, and I know I treat my hair with the same gentleness there, too.
    Remember, there is no such thing as flawless, perfectly smooth and even hair, except on films (wigs) and photoshopped magazine pictures (not real).

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I might try CO washes in this area, just wish my hair was more equal in texture guess we never get what we want eh!

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I have some of those too, right in the front. Mine never grow longer than 1-2 inches though.
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I have baby hairs in the front and by my ears. In humidity they curl up and away from my head.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

You've got me peering worriedly at my hairline generally now, jojo!

I think I might have the same thing...

Also, the hair on my 'sideburns' (?) and in the nape of my neck is babylike, fluffier and duller than the rest of my hair.

Oh, my husband (who has just been asking me what I am typing!) says those hairbits are cute (especially nape of neck ones...).
    Last edited by Celebrian; December 8th, 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I also have little baby hairs in my front hairline that never get long. Too bad, because if they would grow in, I would have a widow's peak!
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Glad to hear someone else question these hairs. I have a batch that recently sprouted up front left hair line, and like all the others, they are dead straight. On wash days this is no problem but on no-wash days they look wet from my scalp grease and hang in my eyes in spite of the updo. It must look lovely to my co-workers.

When I first noticed them I thought maybe I'd lost hair there and not known it, and they were growing back in. They resembled some regrowing hairs that sprouted several years ago after my colorist left me under the dryer too long and some of my hair burned off.