Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: henna gloss recipe??

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: henna gloss recipe??

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    I have light hair so can’t share experience but the Cherry Cola thread has tons of info for henna on dark hair! So many pages!
    Thank you, I will have a look!

Length
    CBL/BSL/HL
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka108 View Post
    I'm curious if anyone with dark brown hair has used both henna and henna gloss and which they preferred/if the gloss even made much of a difference
    I prefer gloss! It's way easier to make and apply, the conditioner makes it less drying, washing off is a breeze, doesn't smell as bad, color doesn't stick too much and I can switch my shade every few weeks. Only con is drippiness, but I've worked my way around it.

I've used more red henna and more brown henna, depending on my mood. My henna glosses are kinda strong, from 1:1 to 1:5 with henna:conditioner ratio.
    from all of the colors of the rainbow to virgin hair to henna head
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HP - TBL
    CO-washes and braided buns

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Has anyone done a gloss using indigo in the mix? The henna blend I have been using is 3pts indigo to 1pt henna...so I didn't know if I could use that ratio as a gloss because to be frank, glosses have been my preference before I went a brunette color.

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Smile Re: henna gloss recipe??

Quote Originally Posted by tulirepo View Post
    I prefer gloss! It's way easier to make and apply, the conditioner makes it less drying, washing off is a breeze, doesn't smell as bad, color doesn't stick too much and I can switch my shade every few weeks. Only con is drippiness, but I've worked my way around it.

I've used more red henna and more brown henna, depending on my mood. My henna glosses are kinda strong, from 1:1 to 1:5 with henna:conditioner ratio.

Thank you! Do you mix the henna directly with the conditioner and let it dye release on your head or do you mix henna with tea or water first to release the dye and then add conditioner?

Another question I have: does anyone have any experience adding apple cider vinegar or fenugreek to their henna gloss mixtures and if so, how did it go?