Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First time for long hair?

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: First time for long hair?

This will be the first time for me if I ever get beyond about shoulder length. Last time I had "long" hair as an adult was about 15 years ago, and it maybe got a little beyond SL. I'm kinda excited, actually. At this point, I just passed chin length, so I'm estimating that I'll be at collarbone length about a year from now, which will then take me into totally uncharted territory.

At present, I'm very excited at the idea of being able to put my hair in a ponytail. This is new and kinda fun. The ponytail is still kinda pitiful, but getting fluffier.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Okay I was just wondering if others are excited like me and also kind of NEW to longer hair! At 29 inches I do not have long hair by LHC standards really but I do have longer hair than ever before in my life by a few inches! Some new things for me are:

Having it get in my way when I sit or sleep (that is get caught under me or behind my seat between the seat and back, having to move it out of the way etc.)

Learning what to do with it in general such as updos, braids, etc.

Feeling it brush against my arms and farther down my back, seeing it in the mirror longer than I have ever seen it, catching it between/under my arms and just all kinds of new things!

I really really love it! I see some longhairs just seemingly not concerned about their hair at all just like it's an old friend but I don't feel that way and wondered if it is like that for others here. Every bit of extra length is like a new and exciting (and a tad bit scary to tell you the truth) fun and different challenge!
    By now-- 20 years after I decided to ditch short hair-- my hair *is* an old friend that I don't worry about too much. But way back then, yes, I hadn't had hair longer than about chin-to-shoulder length since I was 8, so it sort of felt like having long hair for the first time!

I was excited when it was finally long enough to *actually pull back* into a braid or ponytail and get it out of my face!
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    14/18/22
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I was excited when it was finally long enough to *actually pull back* into a braid or ponytail and get it out of my face![/QUOTE]

Ah Kat you summed it up for me completely. Just being able to pull my hair back will be lovely. As I used to wear it when I was a youngster. Been many decades but I’m looking forward to the ease of those updo styles.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Mine is the longest it’s been for a while. The difference is now I’m looking after it better so it’s not as annoying as it was before, or possibly I'm more tolerant
    As for updos buns are a new discovery and still unpredictable. I am enjoying being able to plait it, although i can only do 2 versions, English or milkmaid. I'd love to nail a French or Dutch braid - at present nails are what I'd need to enable that!

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

My longest hair before was something like the bottom of shoulder blades when curly (just briefly, a haircut soon followed, it usually stayed in shoulder-APL territory), and then I had really short hair for many, many years. I don't actually remember much from back then, besides the issues with loose hair, and the discomfort when a ponytail was assymetrical (that did not change!). Braids besides English and pretty much all buns are new to me.
    I already got to SBL with stretched length, so I feel closer to that milestone!
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Length
    14/18/22
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Mine is the longest it’s been for a while. The difference is now I’m looking after it better so it’s not as annoying as it was before, or possibly I'm more tolerant
    As for updos buns are a new discovery and still unpredictable. I am enjoying being able to plait it, although i can only do 2 versions, English or milkmaid. I'd love to nail a French or Dutch braid - at present nails are what I'd need to enable that!
    I laughed at your nails comment Feral. It’s good to have a humorous take on all the shenanigans we get into with our hair.

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

This isn't my first time growing my hair long BUT this will be my first time growing it past my waist.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I can say the longest my hair has ever been was 2 or 3 inches above hip length, and that was 37 years ago, and back then I had gotten my first haircut up to a chin length bob, and I started growing it back out again. Then, I cut it again, and kept on going back and fourth cutting and growing back out. Then during 9th grade in high school that's when I decided to let it all grow out again, and during my senior year in high school I cut into a chin length bob again, and throughout college I wore it that length for many years up until 1997, and up until 2010 when I decided to join here t LHC it was at a chin length bob again as a start, and now I'm back down to mid back length again. Hoping to grow lot longer. I really love the feel of long hair!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)