Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time for long hair?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default First time for long hair?

Okay I was just wondering if others are excited like me and also kind of NEW to longer hair! At 29 inches I do not have long hair by LHC standards really but I do have longer hair than ever before in my life by a few inches! Some new things for me are:

Having it get in my way when I sit or sleep (that is get caught under me or behind my seat between the seat and back, having to move it out of the way etc.)

Learning what to do with it in general such as updos, braids, etc.

Feeling it brush against my arms and farther down my back, seeing it in the mirror longer than I have ever seen it, catching it between/under my arms and just all kinds of new things!

I really really love it! I see some longhairs just seemingly not concerned about their hair at all just like it's an old friend but I don't feel that way and wondered if it is like that for others here. Every bit of extra length is like a new and exciting (and a tad bit scary to tell you the truth) fun and different challenge!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

This is the first time for me, too. I've never been beyond BSL. I can totally relate to dealing with it while sleeping and enjoy learning updos. This is a whole new world for me. And I love it!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

This is just one example, I am sitting in my fave recliner and for the first time it is just now at the length where it is catching between my back and the back of the chair. I am 5'8" so I guess it may have taken longer than some others. This is what made me think of it because this is the first time I remember it in this chair. Woo hoo! That means it has grown (or I am slouching worse one LOL!)

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

First time for me too. I think I MIGHT have had it to BSL before, but definitely not longer, so this is very new to me

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Back in August I saw myself in action for the first time in a long time. A friend took a short video of my hopping around in puddles. My hair was down. All I could think (after getting over choking on my own cuteness) was "wow... I have a lot of hair....whoa..." It had been down and swinging all around. that was August of 2007. My hair has grown an inch a month since then... I can't imagine what I'd think if I saw a video of me now!

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

It's a semi-first for me. I haven't had hair anywhere near as long as this since I was oh, say, 13. At one point as a child I had longer (somewhere around waist-length) but my mother had it cut off to my earlobe by the time I was 4.

So I definitely don't remember very well what having long hair was like, and this feels like a new experience for me!

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The longest my hair has ever been is in my signature picture. Now it is about 3 inches shorter because I started to S&D, became disgusted with the number of splits I was finding, so hacked it off. I'm happier with the feel but not as happy with the length. But who cares.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Exactly Spidermom! I was just thinking today that your hair seems to have grown so much faster than mine though so you will have it back in no time! I was thinking that when we both joined yours wasn't much longer but I really can't remember. Of course I had a LOT of damage cut off but STILL it's not fair! I have been thinking of cutting an inch or at least a half inch. I used to be SO bad about trimming too much and now I want to get to waist so bad I don't want to trim even a 1/100 inch! It does need it though I think though the curls are very forgiving. My vision is not that good though and some of it looks like it may be just different lengths of hairs from old layers and new growth. I am not good at being able to tell! I know I have some splits which I didn't get many of at shorter lengths though so I may have to start the dreaded S & D. I guess everything is not good about longer hair now that I think about it!

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Anything beyond BSL is unknown territory for me so I've never had hair this long before. Very nice to break the grow to BSL then chop to APL cycle.

New things:
    I keep trapping my hair when I'm lying down and I try to get up but lean on it.
    I like the way I can feel it brush against my elbows.
    New updos that I couldn't do before.
    Don't need to use a hairagami or whirl-a-style to make a decent bun.
    I'm starting to worry I might accidentally strangle myself in my sleep with my long braids.

Not only am I enjoying how it looks now that it's getting really long, it's in the best condition I've ever had, I use to have so much of a frizz halo that I use to tweeze out all the short frizzy hairs on top. Now it's pretty much gone and it's only a few baby hairs sticking out.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Yes, this is the longest hair I've ever had (see sig).

I love the way it tumbles all around me, I love all the cool updos I can do. I had a lot to learn - thank goodness for LHC! It's very exciting, each centimetre of growth is a new territory, and a new milestone for me.

-- Natalie