Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A comment that made me miss my long hair

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default A comment that made me miss my long hair

Hey all. I'm just whining. No one needs to reply I just need to whine. I've said this before but oh well. I MISS MY LONG HAIR!! I'm so mad at myself for cutting it twice. It would have been classic by now but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I had to have an emotional cut and short too!!! What was I thinking???? I remember when I sat in the chair and she said maybe you should just cut it into a bob and I said no cut it short. Uugghh!!!

I realize it will grow back yadda yadda. But my hair seems to crawl when growing. It took me 5 years to get it that long (see my siggy). It was as short as it is now and it took 5 years! That wouldn't bother me so much except for my age.

The thing that got me thinking about this again is this. Yesterday I was at a memorial for a good friends brother. I didn't know the brother but I wanted to support my friend. Anyway this seems trite with regards to the situation but....
    the friend I came with has beautiful very long shiny hair. A friend I haven't seen in over 10 years came over to us and said to my friend, I just have to say your hair looks beautiful! Then she looked over at me and said sort of off the cuff, oh and yours is OK too. It really made me sad. I know this sounds selfish but it just made me miss my hair even more.

Sorry this is just a whine session and I need to get it out. You guys are always so supportive and kind. I hope before I know it my hair will be back to where it was. I just can't believe that I did it. Normally I don't live in this like I am now. it doesn't change anything and it doesn't help me. It was just after that comment.....

Oh well on to growing. I'm hoping by the time my youngest one graduates from high school (that will be in 4 1/2 years) that I will have my hair back and that I can wear it up in a beautiful updo for his special day.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest! Now on to other stuff.

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Re: A comment that made me miss my long hair

Sorry you're feeling frustrated. I know it feels like forever, but at least you have a chance to grow it out all healthy from the start. That's something, right?

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I can certainly relate. I have pictures of me with my DS when he was an infant, my hair was BSL. Then a bit later I have pictures of me with DS as a toddler and I had a Boy Cut! And when DD came along I got a perm and poodle cut! What was I thinking? Those pictures are so discouraging, even though now my hair is at classic it could have been classic *YEARS* ago, but nooooo, I had to chop it all off. Why? Who knows?

Did I really think it would be convenient? Did I think it would look better? Or was I just disgusted and wanted A Change.

It was only my divorce and subsequent lack of spending money that really got me going towards long hair again - I could not afford any trims at all, so I had to grow it out enough to pull back and put up.

Hang in there. As soon as you can put it back/up you'll be moving quickly, no trimming, just growing. Start collecting toys that will look good with short back/up hair! I had those fabric-bow-barrettes, they worked well for me. Of course out of style now, and not available.

Type
    1a/F/ii

Thanks you two. I loved those fabric bows. I wish they weren't out of style. If I could find one I'd wear it anyway!!! But like you said they are no longer available.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

It's OK to come here and whine We're the people who are going to be sympathetic. So many other LHC'ers have done big cuts and regretted it. I understand your feelings of loss and regret. Let's look at it from a positive slant. The cut has made you really appreciate having long hair. Once your hair is long again you won't be very likely to chop it all off with an emotional cut. That big cut won't happen another time unless you have given the idea months of thought. And if you do get that urge maybe next time you'll just cut a few inches instead of all of it. Hang in there with the growing out. I know it feels it grows 10 times slower when you want it long as when you are maintaining a short cut. It will grow and it will be long again. When it is, treasure it and remember how much you hated it when you cut it. You'll keep it long this time

I am not here to decorate your world

Type
    1a/F/ii

Thanks Carolyn. You are a great encourager.

Default Go

I think your long hair was lovely and you look very attractive with short hair too! You're a lucky girl who can pull off both looks. 4.5 years really isn't that long and your longer hair will make you look even younger than you already do!
    ________
    Chevrolet astro
    Last edited by Speckla; February 20th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Feel free to unwind as much as you wish, Chrissy, and you can be assured that we will always listen! Your long hair that you had before is certainly beautiful, and filled with shine, and you WILL have that long hair again! Keep up with the growing, and your hair will be back to its former length in no time!

Oh hang in there. The time will go by quickly. But be sure to enjoy your hair at every length.

I soooo understand this feeling. I'll be 50 in a few months and I've NEVER had hair as long as yours was although I always wanted it. I would grow my hair for a couple of years and decide that perhaps it wasn't for me or just go in to have a little trim that went disastrous . . . or do the emotional cut . . . always something. And each time I swore I was too old to try and grow it out again because I have such low tolerance for that awful in-between stage.
    Here I am again and this time I have LHC. You guys have already saved my hair several times although you haven't known it. But all my research on how to deal with damaged hair and how to do updos has given me another way to handle my hair other than cutting it.
    Anyway, I'm not much younger than you and on the same long journey. You'll get there, and when you do you'll treasure your long hair in a way you couldn't have possibly treasured it had you never cut it in the first place.
    Have courage.