Thread: The hair dream/nightmare thread

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The hair dream/nightmare thread

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    The other night I dreamed that my hair was back to like tailbone, and I was super confused about it. I kept thinking "it was past classic! I swear! It was!"
    I had almost this exact dream scenario AGAIN, but this time I was at classic just barely and was pulling my hair straight to measure it and it ended a couple inches before I expected it to. I hate this dream, and especially hate that I've had it twice now!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The other night I dreamed about cutting my hair back to bra strap length. It was nice and the ends were thick, but my first thought was "omg why, I was so close to my dream length, growing it all back will take years "
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

I suddenly remembered today that last night I had a dream that my hair was about shoulder length and kind of wavy and voluminous (in a good way). Oddly enough, the short length didn't bug me (usually I tend to have dreams that I cut my hair short and am immediately like, "OMG why did I do that???" Not sure why my hair was short in the dream). However, in the dream apparently all my henna was gone, and my natural color had gone super-ashy and looked gray, and I was really bummed out... until I ran my hands through my hair another way and then it was blue! (Hard to explain, it's as if a different side of my hair turned over that was blue? I don't know, it was a dream; it doesn't have to make sense, lol.) I was quite chuffed with the blue... IIRC, at one point it was various shades of blue swirled together. (And, again, cool waves with a lot of volume.) Quite fun.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I dreamed last night that I cut my hair without really measuring. Just all of a sudden here I was laying in bed trimming fresh, thick ends with scissors that went through like a hot knife through butter. When I finished and sat up I realised I didn't know how much I'd taken up especially when neatening the ends, and had a horrible thought that maybe it was shorter than classic. It wasn't, and I had a good six inches or more left after running my fingers down the ends to try to gauge the length so I was happy that it wasn't shorter than knee (?!?!?!)

It occurs to me now after waking that that would put it at around mid-thigh which is far shorter than I would ever want to cut in the near future at least, but hey, dreams don't make sense I'm glad I finished the dream having been reassured after a momentary panic anyway
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I had a dream last night that I suddenly had super thick hair that was bluntly chopped in a whole bunch of terrible layers, it looked really awful and everyone was asking me 'what happened?!'. And I was like I swear, I meant to just trim it! I have no idea! There wasn't even a trimming scene it was just randomly like that 😆

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I had a dream that I got out of the shower and discovered my hair, when wet, was all the way at knee length and I just hadn't realized it. I was ecstatic and deeply confused about how it had grown that long overnight. I rushed to the computer to tell all of you.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

A few nights ago I dreamt I was finger combing and my ends started snapping off in my hands like pieces of ice. I couldn't stop myself and kept breaking it until I was up to classic length. I don't have these kinds of dreams often, but the terror is real when I do.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I had a dream last night that I was explaining some hair related concept to my husband. Something about braids. lol

Edit: Just had a real life hair nightmare. Playing with our dog and a flying drone toy and he knocked it into my loose hair. I was able to salvage the strands from the blades but definitely not happy. Note to self, always ALWAYS wear hair up when playing with anything that has a motor and spins.
    Last edited by ArienEllariel; June 6th, 2022 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    A few nights ago I dreamt I was finger combing and my ends started snapping off in my hands like pieces of ice. I couldn't stop myself and kept breaking it until I was up to classic length. I don't have these kinds of dreams often, but the terror is real when I do.
    "You know you're a longhair when you have nightmares about your hair breaking *up* to classic length..." LOL
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    "You know you're a longhair when you have nightmares about your hair breaking *up* to classic length..." LOL
    LOL I knew how it was going to sound...