Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1058

Thread: The hair dream/nightmare thread

Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The hair dream/nightmare thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    DBF and I had moved into some big, old farmhouse. In the shower, I was, for whatever reason, detangling my hair somehow using a cheese grater. At first, I saw four small, wet hair "sausages" that had broken off and thought I need to do a trim to fix those broken ends now. As I'd stopped showering and dried myself, I noticed that there was a lot more breakage. My hair had much worse bleach-damage than it actually has, and a lot of my hair had "melted" off in the way that it was still hanging on the attached hairs, but it was clear that it was broken because there were these disgusting clumps of broken hair lower down. I ended up losing about 3/4 of my thickness.
    I had a very similar dream the other night. I was brushing my hair and all of a sudden my ends just started breaking and fell to the floor. Then I had to go to the hairdresser and he had to cut it around ear length because the hair just kept breaking. When I woke up it took a moment to realize all had just been a dream.

Length
    10/19+/fun

Outside of Lesley8, aren't you all glad you realized it was a dream when you woke up.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    Oh god no, just reading this made my stomach turn

But the old farmhouse part was nice
    A true nightmare for sure!

The house was certainly nice. Prior to the hair incident, an Overwatch match took place in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    I had a very similar dream the other night. I was brushing my hair and all of a sudden my ends just started breaking and fell to the floor. Then I had to go to the hairdresser and he had to cut it around ear length because the hair just kept breaking. When I woke up it took a moment to realize all had just been a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Outside of Lesley8, aren't you all glad you realized it was a dream when you woke up.

O.R.
    Very true about the having to take a moment to come back to reality. I remember that I was half asleep and tried to reason to myself whether it was true or not. "Would I really do something like that, why on earth...?"
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    buzz/15/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Oh wow - I didn't realise there was a thread for this! I had one two nights ago (already posted about it in the Chin to Shoulder thread): I dreamt that I impulsively decided to get my hair cut to emulate First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon - a style I have seen referred to as a 'pob' or 'political bob' (Angela Merkel of Germany has a very similar style). For some reason in the dream, they cut my hair away as I was facing away from the mirror, and then turned me round at the end like a sort of reality makeover 'reveal' - and I burst into tears, and remembered how hard I'd been trying to grow it out, and how much work I'd undone. Was very glad it was a dream!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- chin length -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

And now I dreamt that I dyed my hair black. Upon reporting on it here, lapushka was like, "Nooooooo!!! So much virgin growth wasted!" I was pretty upset with myself but was trying to keep it cool around here.

I normally do not have hair dreams often at all but now I've had two within a really short time. I wonder what that's all about.

Length
    10/19+/fun

I normally do not have hair dreams often at all but now I've had two within a really short time. I wonder what that's all about.
    Maybe you are turning into Gollum, and your hair is now your 'Precious'???

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    ?/MBL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

And now I dreamt that I dyed my hair black. Upon reporting on it here, lapushka was like, "Nooooooo!!! So much virgin growth wasted!" I was pretty upset with myself but was trying to keep it cool around here.

I just hope I don’t have a dream that I burnt all my hair off, Ylva (Going to try the singe method tomorrow in good light!)

Length
    HL/TBL+/FTL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Maybe you are turning into Gollum, and your hair is now your 'Precious'???

O.R.
    Hehe, could be!

I'm also thinking it could be something deeper... Like, I'm worried about losing control over something in my life. Which could ring true, because I've been under a lot of personal life-related stress for several months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I just hope I don’t have a dream that I burnt all my hair off, Ylva (Going to try the singe method tomorrow in good light!)
    That would be a bad omen indeed Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

This night I dreamt that Bat had cut off all his hair
    I had been reading his post saying he was annoyed with the awkward stage and itching to grab the scissors. That must be why I dreamt this.
    But the weirdest part of my dream was that I overreacted and was really rude/upset, like posting stuff along the lines of "oh no c'mon!! Why would you do that? I'm so upset!! Aaagh"
    ... That was a weird dream
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Oh...I dreamed about hair last night. I was a kid in school again and the teacher was trying to give us all haircuts with safety scissors I wasn't dealing with that so I phased out of there and spent the rest of the dream tying strands of my hair into dozens of little bows.