Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Routine Diary

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Hair Routine Diary

Hello furry beauties, we can put our daily routines here. I'm trying to keep a diary and be more consistent in my hair care and I'll probably learn a lot. What do you do every day for your hair? Also weekly and monthly routines.
    Me today

Morning
    Cream
    serum ends
    Brushing
    Scalp massage
    bun

Evening
    Cream
    serum for ends
    Brushing
    braids
    cap
    SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WL
    On the floating, shapeless oceans
    I did all my best to smile

Length
    Pixie/Hip+/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Routine Diary

Fun thread! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's routines.

I don't have any hard and fast rules, but this is generally what my week looks like. If it was a dirty work week, I'll have two wash days.

Non-wash day: Braided at night, bunned during the day, detangled with a wide-toothed comb. I'll use NightBlooming's Selkie and a leave-in conditioner spray as needed throughout the week. My scalp is covered with some sort of cap when I'm working.

Wash day: I'll sometimes oil the lengths the night before. I shampoo my scalp, use conditioner on the length, and detangle in the shower. I gently squeeze my hair dry, plop in a microfiber towel, and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour. I take it down, spritz in leave-in, and let air dry. I usually braid when it is still damp.

Other: I'll use Olaplex no.3 about once a month. If I'm going to an event and wearing my hair down, I'll use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine serum to reduce tangles.
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Morning:
    Brush out and bun for the day

Evening:
    Brush out and topknot for the night

Otherwise, NW/SO and Benign Neglect.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Daily
    Morning: Finger detangle, oil as needed, brush, bun, headscarf
    Evening: Give myself a little scalp massage to relieve tension or pain, bonnet for the night

Washing
    Scalp Wash
    Braid in a ribbon from about shoulders down, tie a loop in the ribbon and hook my braid to the curtain rod. Scalp massage dry, then get everything wet, work in a little conditioner, shampoo twice, rinsing inbetween, then condition and rinse. Wrap up in a towel and air dry.

Full Wash
    Oil lengths heavily with EVOO and scalp with castor oil + rosemary the night before.
    Next morning, apply a mask (3 parts conditioner, 1 part aloe, 1 part EVOO), shower cap and bonnet for 1 hour+
    Wet my hair down and shampoo twice, then rinse everything really thoroughly and condition again. Rinse.
    The last rinse I let catch in my bucket (I wash standing over the bath and use a little container to keep my hair from going down the drain) and redid my hair in it to get just a little bit of the conditioner left on the length. Wrap up in a towel for about 20 minutes.
    After towel drying, apply leave ins (EVOO or commercial) and air dry the rest of the way.

Monthly
    Full length wash, progress pictures/measurements. If I see a lot of dead ends I'll do a little search and destroy.
    Last edited by mochichichi; November 16th, 2023 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Updated to match others format
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Wow thank you so much ♥️
    I have noticed that making a bun gives me head ache in the crown, because the hair is is in the opposite direction to its growth, so I try not to wear buns everyday.
    Today I have it very smooth as I have been using a serum that I make with karite and this is magic for my hair, so just refresh with rose water, two drops of serum, dentangle with my fingers and put a clip on. I have a silk scarf on because today is really windy and we know what happens lol.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

I'm most consistent with Washing and Detangling once a week.

During the week I'll sometimes shampoo again without combing my hair if my scalp gets itchy, or if a product didn't agree with my hair (made it too oily or too dry) and I need to get it out.

Some weeks I'll put my hair in braids or twists and keep it that way the whole week, other weeks I'll start with a braid or two, and then switch between braidouts, buns, and braids until next washday. I try to get two-three days out of a style before switching it up.

I often tuck a single braid under and pin in place or twist two braids together and pin in place to create an updo when I need to go out. If I have a braidout, I will alternate between down, half up, or a bun of some sort.

I do not comb my hair at all between styles during the week until it's time to start from scratch. I do brush the sides of my hair to neaten them up if wearing a bun or single braid.

I ALWAYS bun, band, (confining the hair with silk scrunchies) or braid my hair at night unless I'm wearing a wash-and-go (curl set) in which case I use a buff to maintain the curls overnight without tangling.

Caveat: If I straighten my hair for a week or so, I will comb it every day.

Monthly, I will do olaplex, purple shampoo, and DC treatments, doing one each week. (Not all at once!)
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Morning: Wake up, put on an octopus-shaped head massager while I do my 15 minute Duolingo French practice, then spend 10 seconds to make a braided bun and go about my day. I try not to redo my bun more than twice during the day.
    Before Bed: 30 second quick oiling from scalp to end, fingercomb only detangling the braid and harvest the daily shed in a container, plait into a single braid, put on my silk bonnet and sleep on my silk pillow case.
    This is a cycle that I find most comfortable with.
    5-minute Water only rinse once a week, 30-minute double-shampoo+conditioner once a month.
    I no longer take hair pics or measurements, just benign negligence. In fact I rarely look at my hair in the mirror these days.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; November 13th, 2023 at 08:34 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Thank you so interesting habits!
    Today I have preoiled and then herbal shampoo, conditioner, cream and serum. But I think this cream doesn't go well with my oils because I have no shine in my hair. Is the first time in 5 years that I use a cream not made by myself and I don't like the results. Hair is super soft as always but matte lol, disgusting. I will try to fix it tomorrow.
    This night just sÚrum in the ends and braid+cap.

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Wash day AM:
    Gently detangle hair, then brush with a wooden brush to stimulate my scalp.
    Pre-poo with a scalp oil for a couple hours, then shampoo 2x, use a hair mask in the shower, and condition.
    Apply mousse and gel in the shower, plop, then air dry or diffuse. Scrunch with a little bit of oil once the gel cast is formed.

Wash day PM:
    Tiny bit of oil on ends, then braid or pineapple before bed.

Non wash days AM:
    Refresh waves if needed with water + leave-in conditioner, scrunch with a little bit of oil.
    Lately I've been leaving my hair down most of the time, but if it's extra windy or if it's raining I'll braid my hair or put it in a claw clip.

Non wash days PM:
    Tiny bit of oil on ends, then braid or pineapple before bed.

2x month: Clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup, wash tangle teezer and wooden brush

1x month: S&D
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡ Classic ♡

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Morning
    put hair up

Evening
    Take hair down, sleep cap on

Wash days
    1-3 times per week
    Maybe comb first
    Shampoo scalp
    Condition length (let sit while scrubbing body, then rinse)
    Air dry
    Maybe comb

Monthly-ish
    Comb
    Oil
    Sleep
    Diluted conditioner for minimum 20 minutes
    Rinse and wash as usual

Now and then
    When feeling rough clarifying shampoo
    When still feeling rough chelate
    Rarely protein treatment

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*