Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No Dye 2024 Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: No Dye 2024 Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Ok so this will be much more of a challenge for me than I anticipated As my natural hair is slowly getting past halfway down my face, I notice myself thinking “nooo wait, I love that henna color depth, it matches my eyes so much betterrrrrr!”
    I was also surprised that after I got most of the bleach trimmed away last month, my hair has a much darker overall look than it has ever had and it’s taking some getting used to.
    I’m confident I’ll never bleach again because it’s just not worth the damage, but the henna richness is really difficult to let go of, especially given that it actually nourishes my hair too.

I must remember henna will always be there though, but I’ve already invested a whole year of growing out natural, so I must let it get at least to SL before I cave.
    You got this! You can always henna again next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusite View Post
    I'm in! I was delaying my next hair colouring session and wanted to see how long I can go without my natural colour bothers me again... I don't even remember my colour anymore. This is gonna be tricky as in this year I'll be moving to another country to study also I might meet my future in laws! Oh boy, let's do this.
    Same I haven't had natural hair since I was 13 and I'm 38 now this year will be a challenge I usually can't last longer than a month before dying/bleaching it won't be forever I'll probably bleach it after the challenge is over

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    This is key, I think! Henna, dye, bleach, scissors, it will all be there in the future if you eventually have a change of heart. I always feel a sense of urgency whenever I get an impulse to change it, as if the dye will somehow disappear if I don't act now.
    That's the reason I keep relapsing haha, I got tempted with the loose henna powder but I threw it out to avoid possible temptation when long enough for it

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That's the reason I keep relapsing haha, I got tempted with the loose henna powder but I threw it out to avoid possible temptation when long enough for it
    Been there, done that! It's a tough cycle to break for sure. I think going a certain time without dye is a great way of working your way out of that mindset.
    CBL - APL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL - FTL
    They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I didn’t realize there was a challenge for this! I definitely want to be a part of this. I last bleached my hair Dec 16,2023. I wasn’t planning on that being the last time but have had a change of heart after letting my roots grow out a bit more than usual. I’ve tried this but I feel very, very ready to just go back to my natural color now while I’m growing it out this year without trimming - why not stop the bleach too. )

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    Been there, done that! It's a tough cycle to break for sure. I think going a certain time without dye is a great way of working your way out of that mindset.
    I want to get it long enough so that overlap is less likely, like anything jaw length and shorter is more prone for overlap cause it's so short. I won't be giving up dye forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaHAVOC View Post
    I didn’t realize there was a challenge for this! I definitely want to be a part of this. I last bleached my hair Dec 16,2023. I wasn’t planning on that being the last time but have had a change of heart after letting my roots grow out a bit more than usual. I’ve tried this but I feel very, very ready to just go back to my natural color now while I’m growing it out this year without trimming - why not stop the bleach too. )
    There hasn't been one so I made one good luck with your growout!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I'm out for the whole year challenge

Length
    18/18/32

I'm in! Hair was rubbished by bleaching, I just hope I don't get inspired to go back to blonde ever again...really turned my black hair to straw!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Woohoo! I'm still in too.
    Bleaching hasn't crossed my mind once, but I do wish I could dye the previously bleached parts back to my natural colour again. The last dye has long since faded and I miss when it LOOKED brown all over. Oh well, that will only make it worse
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Annnnnnd I'm officially ducking out. I'd really like my hair to be brown all over, and in my head, I think it's okay to dye the part that's already been bleached so much. This way, I'm adding no time to the grow-out to virgin hair. I'm going to use a deposit only colour and then henna on ONLY the bleached parts. I think my hair will look healthier when it's all dark anyways

Good luck everyone!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?