Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compliment your hair insecurities

Length
    Pixie/Hip+/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Smile Compliment your hair insecurities

I wanted to start this to spread some good feels! I think it would be nice if folks could share something they dislike or are insecure about regarding their hair, but recognize something nice about it as well. I'll start!

I've gone through a lot of sheds this year and my ends are really starting to taper, but it's nice that my hair isn't very heavy now and I don't have to worry about neck pain just yet
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Re: Compliment your hair insecurities

I've got a similar one! I have had bald spots for about 7 years now, and one of them is as big as my first at this point. But I'm glad that it's not as heavy as it could be (it's actually still almost 4 inches circumference, so I'm grateful that the amount hasn't seemingly changed that much). All the regrowing spots also mean I have some very soft, pointy ended hairs on my head, and I get a proud feeling when I see how long some of the old patches have gotten. My hair is trying so hard!
    That is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny. -Alcatraz Smedry

Length
    Waist/TBL/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thanks for starting this thread! My hair has a very frizzy/ slightly curly under layer. Especially after washing this can be a pain because of the huge puff it gives my hair but at least it looks a lot thicker!
    I am just old-fashioned enough to like long hair, gardening, and knitting…
    Cut Back to Tailbone!

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

The one thing that bothers me is that when I wear a single braid, it tends to be stiff, and not flowy. This is however, a direct result of the texture/pattern I have, and without it, I wouldn't be able to make an afro, so, you lose some, you WIN some.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I love this thread!
    My hair is fine and I was afraid to let it grow in case it looked poor, but it is very grateful and it seems to be double the amount, so I am very happy with it.
    SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WL
    On the floating, shapeless oceans
    I did all my best to smile

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Good idea for a thread! Unfortunately for me I can't really see anything positive about having wavy hair, I guess lack of volume won't be an issue?

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Do you like braids, bat? Once your hair is a little bit longer, those will stay in pretty well with wavy hair
    That is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny. -Alcatraz Smedry

Length
    Pixie/Hip+/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Awesome contributions, my friends! I'm glad you can see how wonderful your hair is just the way it is

Bat, as a fellow wavy I hope that as your hair grows out you can find you enjoy the texture more! Even if not, at a certain length it might weigh itself down and straighten itself out. If that's the case, then I suppose it gives you an incentive to keep growing which is definitely a good thing
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    cbl/mbl/hl
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I hate how frizzy my hair is, like its HORRIBLE if I don't brush my waves out (which is upsetting because I like having wavy hair but it looks stupid because of all the frizz.) However, something I like is how thick my hair is it's nearly (or is) 5 inches circumference when brushed out. I guess a lot of hair means a lot of frizz.
    Last edited by eunioa; November 9th, 2023 at 07:49 PM.
    ~APL~BSL~MBL~WSL~HL~
    No trims since Dec 4th not trimming till July 2024!!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I hate my multiple textures, from straight on top to coily in the back. Makes it hard to manage, especially at shorter lengths like I have at the moment.
    On the plus side, I have a lot of hair and even after thinning due to menopause and meds, I still have a lot.