Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: No trimming 2024!

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: No trimming 2024!

Sigh. Just got a fresh trim today to blend in all the growing in bits on my crown. More trimmed than I wanted from the length, as I kind of expected going to a hairdresser for the first time in at least 2 years. But I'm not planning on trimming my hair til next year anyway. A little past apl (the dreaded length that takes forever to get through...) Time to baby the heck out of my hair.

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ArienEllariel View Post
    Sigh. Just got a fresh trim today to blend in all the growing in bits on my crown. More trimmed than I wanted from the length, as I kind of expected going to a hairdresser for the first time in at least 2 years. But I'm not planning on trimming my hair til next year anyway. A little past apl (the dreaded length that takes forever to get through...) Time to baby the heck out of my hair.
    I swear it's so true! APL somehow manages to be the hardest to keep healthy, I swear hip length and beyond is easier. Must be because it gets greaser faster, maybe its harder to put up safely and keep the ends covered.. just took me a long time to get past that length as well. Once you're past waist though, it seems to get easier to carry on!

Yes! I have not trimmed since June 2022 when my hair was nape length (chin length), so I'm in!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I'm pulling out of no trims for now, though I might do the second half

Account Closed by Member Request

I really can't decide if want to do this or not.. my hair is super fine and straight midback length, and hasn't been trimmed in about a year. There are definitely split ends and the tangles are starting to get more noticable but I don't think it looks unhealthy or too terribly wispy at the ends. I know people with thicker hair probably judge me but I really want to make it past waist by next winter!

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Hi, I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to do an occasional check in here, please let me know if it’s not, I’m new here )

It’s been almost 4 weeks since my last root bleach and about 3.5 since my last trim. I’m not struggling with wanting to cut, it hasn’t been that long but I have been stopping myself from trying to tone my hair. As anyone who has gone light blonde and tried to keep it a light ashy/ silvery color knows the tone does not hold for long. Mine is pretty much gone 3.5 weeks out. It’s a nice bright sunny blonde and doesn’t look bad but I’m bummed it didn’t stay icy for long. I only wash my hair once a week since it’s curly so I was hoping for a bit more longevity. Bummer.

The issue with me toning it is 1-more damage because even a semi permanent toner uses a low volume developer and 2. More damage because I don’t like the first tone half the time and almost immediately do it again. Haha. So, yes, it’s safer to wait until I do my roots at 8 or so weeks out and tone it one time then.

My other issue is my hair is just recovering from my keto diet experiment last fall. I did lose a stubborn 20lbs over two months but it caused my hair growth to almost complete stop and I developed a bald spot … scary! I’ve been afraid to calorie restrict since then and stopped keto. The bald spot has slowly filled back in and my hair growth rate has improved but I’m still not where I used to be. I feel like I will be lucky to get half an inch this month which is again an improvement but I used to get almost an inch a month. Bummer.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

MegaHAVOC, I can say as consolation that when I started my strict keto/carnivore diet and lost 10 kg over 2 months, I experienced heavy shedding (telogen effluvium), but it’s completely normal after a major lifestyle change and especially weight loss, and my hair went back to normal as my body adjusted. Of course, I don’t recommend caloric restriction.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Oh that’s good to know! I kinda thought that was what was going on but was still worried as I had never had the crazy hair loss happen like that from weight loss. After pregnancy, yes, unfortunately, haha. I wasn’t trying to calorie restrict so much on keto but being on the diet just caused me to eat less - sometimes way less than I should have been eating. It was my fault but I kinda got tired of eating the same foods all the time and just would not eat. Again my fault as I’m not a great cook/ don’t enjoy cooking and made the same meals too often. Lol

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Forgot about joining this challenge and got an 1" trimmed oops
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    1cm/23.5"/term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I'm already dropping out, I think my ends are too damaged to go the entire year without a trim
    Shaping my hair in May to give my hair life again!! No more wonky layers from my mullet!
    ~Buzz
    ☆ Shoulder ☆ APL ☆ MBL ☆ Waist ~
    time to grow grow grow