Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: No trimming 2024!

  1. #71
    Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    1,880
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post


    Screw it. I’m in! I was on the fence about doing another no trim year, but why end a streak that’s been going in for four years now? Starting point is 34”. Hopefully I’ll see 40” by end of year
    Your hair is stunning, absolutely amazing LongLocke, I love it. Thank you for sharing this excellent picture.
    Great you are joying this challenge too.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

  2. #72

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Iím in. I had one heck of a ride with my hair this year. I have ocd and cut my hair too short a few months ago after I ruined it with bleach.
    The impulse to use scissors on my hair is unbearable sometimes.
    It is time to be ocd about not cutting it. Iíve been hacking it for 10 yrs now after I had a major crisis in my life. 10 yrs ago it was down to my knees. I want it back.
    I made a promise to not cut any of it this year or maybe for 2.
    I think it was 2011 when I joined this site. Iím back.
    Last edited by ladyshep; January 1st, 2024 at 01:25 PM.

  3. #73
    Calix Belfry Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Underworld
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,080
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyshep View Post
    Iím in. I had one heck of a ride with my hair this year. I have ocd and cut my hair too short a few months ago after I ruined it with bleach.
    The impulse to use scissors on my hair is unbearable sometimes.
    It is time to be ocd about not cutting it. Iíve been hacking it for 10 yrs now after I had a major crisis in my life. 10 yrs ago it was down to my knees. I want it back.
    I made a promise to not cut any of it this year or maybe for 2.
    I think it was 2011 when I joined this site. Iím back.
    Welcome back and good Luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina View Post
    Then let it grow happily, I wish you lots of perseverance, Bat
    I know you can do it.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    Thank you!

  4. #74
    Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The swamp
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,052
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    I’m joining in. I’ve had too many impulsive trims that caused me to lose length needlessly over the past two years. I’m at 35” when pulled straight, and my hair recently decided it is wavy and I decided to not fight that. I will s&d, I do that every few weeks. But that’s it. I have some old photos where my hair is long AF, like approaching classic, and the random looping off due to frustration with tangles could be remedied in other ways. Also being more wavy now I’m getting to grips with what detangled hair is and what it looks like and the new reality of it. :-)

  5. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    50
    Length
    Short/Short/APL
    Type
    2b/F/i

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Joining! I have had short hair for the past 5 or so years and HATE it.

    The biggest reason I cut it short was hair texture change (1C to 2B in early 40s) and also significant hair loss. Finally saw a dermatologist 6 months ago and the loss is now normal and a few baby hairs are growing in. The biggest struggle is going to be growing it long enough to do a loose bun. When it gets to that point I feel the rest will be smooth sailing. It's just going to be tough until then.

    One year of no trimming will get me there though! My hair currently has awful layers, collar length in back and very short in front due to bangs and front layers. It's bad but I look at it this way: today, right now, is the worst that it's going to be. I am a slow grower, but even then every month it'll get better.

    I can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!

  6. #76
    Member LongLocke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    404
    Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina View Post
    Your hair is stunning, absolutely amazing LongLocke, I love it. Thank you for sharing this excellent picture.
    Great you are joying this challenge too.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    Thank you!

  7. #77
    Calix Belfry Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Underworld
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,080
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavennaNight View Post
    I’m joining in. I’ve had too many impulsive trims that caused me to lose length needlessly over the past two years. I’m at 35” when pulled straight, and my hair recently decided it is wavy and I decided to not fight that. I will s&d, I do that every few weeks. But that’s it. I have some old photos where my hair is long AF, like approaching classic, and the random looping off due to frustration with tangles could be remedied in other ways. Also being more wavy now I’m getting to grips with what detangled hair is and what it looks like and the new reality of it. :-)
    Its great that you've accepted that it's wavy now! I still struggle to accept mine I guess its why I'm bald lol

    Quote Originally Posted by EggLover View Post
    Joining! I have had short hair for the past 5 or so years and HATE it.

    The biggest reason I cut it short was hair texture change (1C to 2B in early 40s) and also significant hair loss. Finally saw a dermatologist 6 months ago and the loss is now normal and a few baby hairs are growing in. The biggest struggle is going to be growing it long enough to do a loose bun. When it gets to that point I feel the rest will be smooth sailing. It's just going to be tough until then.

    One year of no trimming will get me there though! My hair currently has awful layers, collar length in back and very short in front due to bangs and front layers. It's bad but I look at it this way: today, right now, is the worst that it's going to be. I am a slow grower, but even then every month it'll get better.

    I can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!
    I also struggle with my texture I used to be 1b like my signature now it's about 2b as soon as I get it into a bob shape it's going to get a Keratin.

    Good luck to us all this year

  8. #78
    Member Chasemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2023
    Location
    USA
    Age
    19
    Posts
    522
    Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!





    Woohoo! Here's my starting point on wet and dry hair (:
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

  9. #79
    Member LongLocke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    404
    Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post




    Woohoo! Here's my starting point on wet and dry hair (:
    Looks great! Good luck to you!

  10. #80
    Member MadHouseWitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    137
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

    Default Re: No trimming 2024!

    [IMG]20240102_150429 by Mani_X_Dani, on Flickr[/IMG]

    [IMG]20240102_150531 by Mani_X_Dani, on Flickr[/IMG]

    Quick pics just now taken because I realized I could! The longest hairs at 32", stretched. I could REALLY use a S&D and I don't care for my ends this way, aka not curly and dry, but it has been up in a bun and I'm not washing it YET. I'll get some curly length shots later

    The doubly fun part about this one is that I can FINALLY measure, AND I'm also giving up henna (I EARNED my grey's mkay, somewhere sitting hospital bedside, that choice was made) I'm REALLY looking forward to more braids as the grombre grows in!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •