Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seasonal shedding anyone?

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Seasonal shedding anyone?

I've shed a little this summer I've noticed. I imagine it's normal to get some now and again as long as you're not losing clump-fulls of hair.

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I had a pretty massive shed at the beginning of summer that has since slowed down. I didn't do anything about it, but I can say I am on D3 and B12 supplements because of poor absorption and fatigue, and haven't noticed a change between before and after starting supplements. I've been taking them about a year.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    chin/WL/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Shedding a lot this year, but I limit my sun exposure. After reading the comments here, I guess I will try to spend time soaking it up this September. My vitamin D is probably suboptimal
    Last edited by patchoulilove; September 1st, 2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Klalab View Post
    Thank you for the great information, do you possibly also know if there is a difference in taking the vitamin D and K2 seperately, or if you can also take a vitamin where both vitamins are inside of one pill? I've seen some from Doppelherz. Also do you take K2 in a liquid or solid form?
    You can take them separately. The body doesnt get depleted of one in an instant so they will work together just fine as long as you have a steady intake of both. I currently have a supplement that contains both, but Ive taken them separately at times as well. Ive always taken K2 in pill form.
    snjallr mar hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann vi vg varask;
    en elli gefr hnum engi fri, tt hnum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    1"/MBL/long
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Marymary View Post
    Thats really interesting about the vitamin D would you say it reduced the duration or the amount of shedding or both maybe? Would you mind saying how much Vitamin D you take ? Thank you
    I would say a bit of both? Before, it would shed for 3-5 weeks and my hairbrush collected so much hair every time I brushed that I could barely see the bristles anymore ha ha. Now it starts a bit slower and doesn't last as long, maybe 1-3 weeks, but it's hard to tell because autumn is also back to school season here, so stress probably plays a role in this as well.

I take 25 000 IU per week, all year round because my country doesn't get a lot of sun. That is what my doctor recommended, and my last 2-3 blood tests showed the right amount of vitamin D, so that works for me. But as Nefcerka said, I would recommend you check with your own doctor if you're not sure how much to take, because vitamin D affects your bones among other things, so you don't want to mess with that too much.

Length
    20/27/30

Im quite active and Im outside a lot. I find I always have a decent shed around September and October. I also thought it was just a natural cycle of my hair rather than any vitamin deficiency. Ill be better about taking them and see if it reduces the shed.