View Poll Results: Should the Milestone Threads - for upper body only - be changed?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just fix the WAIST-HIP / WAIST-TAILBONE overlap by splitting up WAIST-TAILBONE

4 11.11%
  • Split WAIST-TAILBONE and also split BUZZ-CHIN into BUZZ-EAR and EAR-CHIN

5 13.89%
  • Just fix the WAIST-HIP / WAIST-TAILBONE overlap by splitting up WAIST-HIP

4 11.11%
  • Split WAIST-HIP and also split BUZZ-CHIN into BUZZ-EAR and EAR-CHIN

1 2.78%
  • Leave it alone, warts and all

21 58.33%
  • Yummy Cheese!!

1 2.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milestone Threads restructuring Poll UPATED VERSION

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: Milestone Threads restructuring Poll UPATED VERSION

Quote Originally Posted by giraff View Post
    None of the above I don't see the need to split up wl-tbl, and I see several others agreeing with me in the other thread!
    This turned out to be more complicated than we thought! I'm also surprised that nobody have pointed out that BSL is not very gender neutral + many of us don't even wear bras, so it's actually an "invisible" marker. Maybe it's been discussed before?
    I can't believe anyone would vote against splitting Waist To Tailbone, since it's redundant, it covers too much ground, and it omits Hip which is a very important marker. But the poll results will be the results, and if y'all vote to not fix what's clearly broken, that will be that and I will shut up about it.

But I also won't post in Waist To Tailbone not only because it's an ill-conceived and redundant thread range, but Tailbone isn't even my goal. Hip is my goal. If I grow all the way to TBL it will prolly just be so I can flatten my current V hemline and still be at Hip afterward.

I haven't used BSL as a marker in months precisely because it's not inclusive of the men on here. Well, I use if it I'm quoting a thread name which uses it, or something like that.

Length
    20 SL/33 HL/45 CL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

None of the above I don't see the need to split up wl-tbl, and I see several others agreeing with me in the other thread!
    Yup! I'm OK either way, keeping WL-TBL or two separate threads, but I don't see an option to keep WL-TBL

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    I can't believe anyone would vote against splitting Waist To Tailbone, since it's redundant, it covers too much ground, and it omits Hip which is a very important marker. But the poll results will be the results, and if y'all vote to not fix what's clearly broken, that will be that and I will shut up about it.

But I also won't post in Waist To Tailbone not only because it's an ill-conceived and redundant thread range, but Tailbone isn't even my goal. Hip is my goal. If I grow all the way to TBL it will prolly just be so I can flatten my current V hemline and still be at Hip afterward.
    I think the numbers speak for themselves:

waist to tailbone / May 21st 2008 / 13,232 replies (433 replies last 12 months)
    waist to hip / December 27th 2008 / 2,364 replies (38 replies last 12 months)
    Hip to TBL / September 12th 2010 / 288 replies (6 replies last 12 months)

Out of the three, I would say wl-tbl is the least redundant! You are more than welcome to celebrate hip length in that thread even though it is not mentioned in the title. Please reconsider, it would be a shame to lose you in that thread!
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Braided Lady View Post
    Yup! I'm OK either way, keeping WL-TBL or two separate threads, but I don't see an option to keep WL-TBL
    That was the option "Leave it alone, warts and all".

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I think the numbers speak for themselves:

waist to tailbone / May 21st 2008 / 13,232 replies (433 replies last 12 months)
    waist to hip / December 27th 2008 / 2,364 replies (38 replies last 12 months)
    Hip to TBL / September 12th 2010 / 288 replies (6 replies last 12 months)

Out of the three, I would say wl-tbl is the least redundant! You are more than welcome to celebrate hip length in that thread even though it is not mentioned in the title. Please reconsider, it would be a shame to lose you in that thread!
    Redundancy is technically mutual in that 2 redundant things are each equally redundant. But I call WL-TBL redundant because we have two other more precise threads.

The Length-specific Threads are literally for specific length support and little graduation incentive systems. All the 98 trillion other threads on LHC are for the larger crowds, and they're great.

I don't need a WL-TBL thread because half of it is beyond my goal. Granted, length goals tend to get more ambitious the more time we spend on LHC. But while my goal remains HL, I'd like to not have my hair-peers hidden among a larger crowd.

Vara, here me out… I am also growing to HL as a final length goal, and currently post in the Waist-tailbone thread. Since you’ve mentioned that you are rather tall (compared to my meager 5’4”) your HL measurement would be much longer than mine. For example, I will be at HL at 31”, which is many peoples WL measurement. Maybe many growers would benefit from style advice/etc from others who are at a different body marker, but a similar length measurement in the larger waist-tailbone thread?

I started following this topic in favor of reviving the waist-hip thread, but I now think merging all the hip length threads to one mega waist/hip/tailbone thread would be best.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Vara, here me out… I am also growing to HL as a final length goal, and currently post in the Waist-tailbone thread. Since you’ve mentioned that you are rather tall (compared to my meager 5’4”) your HL measurement would be much longer than mine. For example, I will be at HL at 31”, which is many peoples WL measurement. Maybe many growers would benefit from style advice/etc from others who are at a different body marker, but a similar length measurement in the larger waist-tailbone thread?

I started following this topic in favor of reviving the waist-hip thread, but I now think merging all the hip length threads to one mega waist/hip/tailbone thread would be best.
    I'm several inches taller than you, Rose, but shorter than Vara, and I support merging everything into one thread as well. I'm not in that thread currently but it doesn't mean I won't be back and I'm so partial to it!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I don't get the big deal honestly about what's so bad about taking waist out of the waist to Tbl it's not like calling it hip to Tbl changes the thread much

I only suggested name's merged so all the milestones have a say but they won't put knee Calf and ankle in the knee and beyond topic so what's the point z

It's really baffling about how taking one word out of a thread caused this whole discussion
    Last edited by Bat; May 15th, 2023 at 12:55 AM.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Peer support by measurement is an interesting idea, and would be a bit more relevant to hair care than body markers are. But it doesn't conjur any images. HL hair has a look to it, but 31" hair doesn't since it's HL on you and surely graceful, while it's just barely at the top of WL on me and still part of Clumsy-land in the Abyss. So a length system might not be as relevant to styling as body markers are.

Btw, why does LHC measure from the front hairline rather than the crown?

The WL - HL thread already exists. I want to merge it into WL - TBL and then rename the newly merged thread "WL - HL".

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I don't get the big deal honestly about what's so bad about taking waist out of the waist to Tbl it's not like calling it hip to Tbl changes the thread much
    Everyone wants a big huge thread, so they want to keep everything together. That's great in other threads, but in Length-specific Threads it seriously defeats the purpose of having specific-range peer support and graduation threads. I offered a quick and simple solution that would solve all those problems and nobody wants to hear it. So whatever.

I only suggested name's merged so all the milestones have a say but they won't put knee Calf and ankle in the knee and beyond topic so what's the point z
    The milestones CBL and BCL are easily included in their current ranges without losing much precision, but WL-TBL loses a lot of precision. But whatever.

It's really baffling about how taking one word out of a thread caused this whole discussion
    I don't know what you mean. What started me on this "restructure" quest was the redundant overlap and omission of the important Hip marker in the thread structure rather than just in the titles. That was what confused several of us.

I'm about done with this whole discussion. We've explained clearly and repeatedly why we want peer grouping and a fun graduation system, and nobody wants to listen. Some people literally want to make it worse. So whatever.