Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we restructure the Length-Specific Threads?

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Should we restructure the Length-Specific Threads?

The length specific threads have always been one of the few threads I post on regularly so moving them to a sub forum has been an adjustment for me. I honestly didn't mind hunting them down in the mane forum because in scrolling through the pages, I would find other threads I was interested in. I thought the length threads were great as they were, but to be fair I never made it past the MBL to waist thread so I can't speak to the confusion of any longer length threads. Regardless, I know it took time to make these changes, and I appreciate the hard work that went into it.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I agree as well. Appreciate the amount of work from neko that went into reorganising the board, but this fuss over length threads seems like making mountains out of molehills. If you're new to the forum, just take few years to settle into things before demanding change, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by purple_omelette; June 12th, 2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Typo, phone keyboard is awful

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    I agree as well. Appreciate the amount of work from neko that went into reorganising the board, but this fuss over length threads seems like making mountains out of molehills. If you're new to the forum, just take few years to settle into things before demanding change, just my thoughts.
    I don't think anyone demanded change. New ideas are how places grow and develop*, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse - in this case I don't know whether I personally feel it's significantly better (from the limited perspective of my own forum use) but it's certainly not made anything worse. And hopefully those who did feel change was needed might feel things are better now.

At least a discussion was had and different viewpoints were shared; it would be a shame if people felt they couldn't express themselves, or if they felt it was pointless because everyone else would be totally against any change. A forum *is* its members, while honouring and preserving contributions from those who came before is important it also needs to adapt to meet the needs of current and future members. The same as any other community, really, otherwise it dies out.

*Edit: obviously I completely agree with the sentiment that newcomers should not just wade in demanding changes and trash-talking what's already there, but that's not really what happened here
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; June 12th, 2023 at 07:31 PM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think the old way was fine, but I'm already used to having it restructured in it's own little folder. It's been really easy to find and the main forum isn't flooded with length posts anymore, but more conversations for all people.
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I don't think anyone demanded change. New ideas are how places grow and develop*, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse - in this case I don't know whether I personally feel it's significantly better (from the limited perspective of my own forum use) but it's certainly not made anything worse. And hopefully those who did feel change was needed might feel things are better now.

At least a discussion was had and different viewpoints were shared; it would be a shame if people felt they couldn't express themselves, or if they felt it was pointless because everyone else would be totally against any change. A forum *is* its members, while honouring and preserving contributions from those who came before is important it also needs to adapt to meet the needs of current and future members. The same as any other community, really, otherwise it dies out.

*Edit: obviously I completely agree with the sentiment that newcomers should not just wade in demanding changes and trash-talking what's already there, but that's not really what happened here
    I understand what you mean - maybe not the best choice of words on my part!

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post

Beautifully put! And one thing I love about LHC is how we can have these kinds of discussions where there are so many different viewpoints involved, and where a lot of people strongly disagree, while still keeping everything kind and calm. It’s a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of other more hostile online boards.

Length
    Pixie/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I only post every 2 months so I don't know if this is the correct thread for this, but I wanted to say that I think the re-organization is great!

It was previously somewhat difficult for me to find the appropriate length thread when I reached a milestone and "graduated" to the next thread, but not anymore.

I also like that the titles were re-named; it probably helps the new members who don't know what the acronyms mean--and TLHC has a lot of them!

Thank you!
    Pixie (April 2020) --> SL --> APL --> MBL --> Waist --> Hip
    -----------------------
    Last trim: October 24, 2023. Photo: February 13, 2024

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    Beautifully put! And one thing I love about LHC is how we can have these kinds of discussions where there are so many different viewpoints involved, and where a lot of people strongly disagree, while still keeping everything kind and calm. It’s a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of other more hostile online boards.
    Very true! LHC is awesome
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I'm really pleased with the new subforum and the re-organization of the threads.
    I always had trouble finding the right threads, now that everything is pretty much organized and in its own space, it's much easier!

Length
    Hip/Hip/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I can't help but feel that there is much less traffic in several of the threads after the changes were implemented. I don't mind the title changes but I think the sub-forum is causing many to overlook those threads, and I fear it will further contribute to the lessening of activity on the forum (not the fault of this forum, just what's happening to forums in general) not only for the reason I already mentioned but also by making it look like there is less traffic in the Mane Forum, thus making it look less active and discouraging people from visiting/posting.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links