Page 415 of 415 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

I would say weekly, always the night before a wash, and yes, I dilute.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I wash 1X weekly and apply 15 ml all over my scalp after washing and drying with a small piece of sponge. 8 oz costs me roughly $25 and lasts about 4 months. I noticed its benefit to me when I first started wearing my hair up A LOT about 18 months ago but I never used it on a regular basis afterwards, until last Fall. It changes color as it oxidizes over time. It does though feel TERRIBLE (not sticky but high friction like dirty hair) for a day or so after it dries and without oil can definitely increase tangleability. Is that word?
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    It changes color as it oxidizes over time. It does though feel TERRIBLE (not sticky but high friction like dirty hair) for a day or so after it dries and without oil can definitely increase tangleability. Is that word?
    It should be!
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by giraff View Post
    Had to google hydrolate.. Interesting! Do you use all of that in one go, or is it for multiple days? Awesome that you have good results! I wonder if it's scalp buildup that's causing the shedding, maybe? Have you used other anti-fungal treatments? Salicylic acid, fungoral etc?
    It lasts me some weeks, maybe a month. And I don't need to wash my hair after I had used it, it just totally disappears and don't do anything to my hair.

I don't have any scalp build up, I have dryish scalp and hair, and my scalp never tells me anything, it just is (no flaking, itching, soreness etc). I had a very dramatic big shed in autumn 2019 when I lost more than 1/3 of my hair in a couple of months time without any apparent reason. I visited both a GP and a dermatologist, but nothing was ever found, though the dermatologist checked my scalp and told it was fine and he couldn't see anything that might cause the shedding. Then I had another, less dramatic shed last spring. And my hair never fully recovered from that first big shed, but there has been some improvements. But I think I will never again achieve the glorious circumference of 7,5 cm... So the shedding has been very noticeable, because I didn't have that much hair to start with. Luckily I have lots of natural volume, so my hair easily looks bigger than it is.

Even without any apparent scalp problems a ketoconazole shampoo was helpful too, and immediately reduced the shedding. I think there has been a quite long time speculations that anti-fungals reduce shedding by some other mechanisms too, not just by the anti-fungal effects.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    It lasts me some weeks, maybe a month. And I don't need to wash my hair after I had used it, it just totally disappears and don't do anything to my hair.

I don't have any scalp build up, I have dryish scalp and hair, and my scalp never tells me anything, it just is (no flaking, itching, soreness etc). I had a very dramatic big shed in autumn 2019 when I lost more than 1/3 of my hair in a couple of months time without any apparent reason. I visited both a GP and a dermatologist, but nothing was ever found, though the dermatologist checked my scalp and told it was fine and he couldn't see anything that might cause the shedding. Then I had another, less dramatic shed last spring. And my hair never fully recovered from that first big shed, but there has been some improvements. But I think I will never again achieve the glorious circumference of 7,5 cm... So the shedding has been very noticeable, because I didn't have that much hair to start with. Luckily I have lots of natural volume, so my hair easily looks bigger than it is.

Even without any apparent scalp problems a ketoconazole shampoo was helpful too, and immediately reduced the shedding. I think there has been a quite long time speculations that anti-fungals reduce shedding by some other mechanisms too, not just by the anti-fungal effects.
    Nice! Thank you for taking time to type such a detailed answer

Sorry about the shed. What a mystery! But it's better now?

How interesting about the "side effect" of anti-fungal. I have some flaking, but it's a lot better when I don't keep my hair in a tight scrunchie bun! My shedding seems to have decreased after using anti-fungal shampoo as well. I don't mind at all
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I am very unlikely to do it on my own but this is indeed a very interesting read.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have heard that sometimes hair will develop a quasi-dependency on products like these, such that if they stop things will get much worse. (Rebound effect, sort of.) Does anyone have experience either way with this?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've used it on and off for years, and consistently for the last 3 years. I actually mention this in the article I wrote with my hair care routine, but no dependency. It just does a great job keeping itchies at bay, and I don't notice any difference when I stop, except I get itchies where my headphones sit again--no major sheds or anything.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

My girlfriend has major scalp itchies. She has since she was quite young, and I mean there are flakes, scabs, and bleeding. I put a diluted version on her 2 days ago.... without telling her what it was other than the fact that it might help with the scalp problems she's having.

No more itching! Which means no more active bleeding because she isn't reopening scabs constantly. I'll keep yall updated but this is great so far
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    My girlfriend has major scalp itchies. She has since she was quite young, and I mean there are flakes, scabs, and bleeding. I put a diluted version on her 2 days ago.... without telling her what it was other than the fact that it might help with the scalp problems she's having.

No more itching! Which means no more active bleeding because she isn't reopening scabs constantly. I'll keep yall updated but this is great so far
    That's so great to hear! It really is wonderful for the itchies