Page 412 of 412 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412
Results 4,111 to 4,118 of 4118

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

I am so going to do this starting tonight!!!! When did all you monistat hair users wash this out? I’ve also read that some don’t wash it out until they shower next but if I applied it 3-4 times a week but only wash my hair once a week, won’t it make my hair all nasty??

I did a bit of research a few days ago on this, and read that tea tree oil has the same effect as Monistat.. i.e. it rids your scalp of fungus etc etc etc enabling faster growth... Anyone have any experience with this?

Length
    Pixie/15"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Skunklover View Post
    I am so going to do this starting tonight!!!! When did all you monistat hair users wash this out? Ive also read that some dont wash it out until they shower next but if I applied it 3-4 times a week but only wash my hair once a week, wont it make my hair all nasty??
    I only left it in overnight and yes, it leaves your hair greasy and nasty. Once a week was all I did and it was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cate36 View Post
    I did a bit of research a few days ago on this, and read that tea tree oil has the same effect as Monistat.. i.e. it rids your scalp of fungus etc etc etc enabling faster growth... Anyone have any experience with this?
    I've used straight tea tree on my scalp for my SD and its done nothing for growth. I don't think Monistat helps hair grow due to killing fungus, I know thats a popular theory but what about people who get growth and have no fungus issues? I read a a study once about monistat and hair growth but I can't remember what it said about why it helps, just that it does in some cases.
    Stay calm and waffle on

Length
    19/27/33
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Skunklover View Post
    I am so going to do this starting tonight!!!! When did all you monistat hair users wash this out? I’ve also read that some don’t wash it out until they shower next but if I applied it 3-4 times a week but only wash my hair once a week, won’t it make my hair all nasty??
    You could possibly get away with using it 3-4 times a week while only washing once if you dilute it well enough and apply it so that the mixture touches you roots/hair as little as possible. You probably couldn't do scalp massaging to distribute the product either I'm too lazy for that so haven't tried it myself, I also apply it once or twice a week the day/night before wash day and let it sit over night.
    Growing to APL!

Length
    CHL/SL/MBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Will this aggravate or help scalp fungi? I have some(to the point of mild shedding, and definitely itching) and is getting treatment for it, but would still love to try out Monistat

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

The antifungal in Nizoral has the well-documented side effect of increasing hair thickness/hair strand count.

This actually is unrelated to having fungus on the scalp! No one knows why it works. Monistat is probably similar. But I'd just use the OTC shampoo....
    My growing thread on thin hair - Cut: Sept/Oct '16 - ~25" - 30" MBL - 32" WL - 34" Hips - 37 TBL | Thickness @pony: 2.5" 2/17 - 3 4/18 - 4.13 3/18 Thickness @BSL: <.75" 3/17 - 7/8 4/18 - 1.5 3/18

Length
    19/27/33
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Reyesuela View Post
    The antifungal in Nizoral has the well-documented side effect of increasing hair thickness/hair strand count.

This actually is unrelated to having fungus on the scalp! No one knows why it works. Monistat is probably similar. But I'd just use the OTC shampoo....
    Woah, I did not know that! I always had the impression that Nizoral had the exact opposite effect in worse cases, just based on the package leaflet warnings. It says baldness and changes in hair texture are pretty rare side effects. But it seems it does have nicer side effect, good to know
    Growing to APL!

Length
    4/11/22
    Type
    4a/C/iii

been using it for a few days and my head feels "itchy" if that makes sense. I probably used too much in my applicator bottle. I mix half a tube with
    just a few tablespoons of water to last a week. If the active ingredient only lasts 72 hours, should I be making a weekly batch like this. I'm assuming that
    is no preservative, but if it is mixed with an oil, it will probably last better because hair oils should have a preservative.