Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Stick 🖤❣️Loverís❣️🖤 Thread!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair Stick 🖤❣️Loverís❣️🖤 Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I was thinking of this thread the other day because I was at a beauty supply store and they were selling plain wood hairsticks, looked much like a cut-off chopstick already in the correct size. I had the urge to buy a bunch and paint them, but had to remind myself I wouldn't wear them!

Oh thatís so sad Kat hun because you seem to love hair sticks.

For me, I can never accept that I ďcanítĒ do this or ďcanítĒ do thatÖ.and wonít stop until I find a solution or a way around itĒ Too determined and stubborn for my own good. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina View Post
    Whirly Girly Sweetie, such a great collection you are presenting us.
    I especially adore the green ones.
    Hopefully you had a wonderful weekend too.
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Awww, thank you so much, love! Iím just having a blast making these sticks. Much to my surprise, several people on another hair group contacted me in pm, asking me if Iíd sell them some! The problem is, I love them all so much, I donít think I can part with any. Obviously Iíd have to make more but I donít know if I want to get into the whole selling thing. Have to think about it more.

In any case, I made some more sticks and Iíll do a new post shortlyÖ.

Thank you Whirly Girly Sweetie, that is very kind of you.
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Oh youíre so welcome doll.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Donít you just hate when you canít capture the true beauty of something in a picture? Happens to me all the time. To me, these purple sticks below look kinda shabby in photos but in person, they are so pretty. The smaller beads that look black, are actually a shimmery dark purple in reality. The big balls too, are crackle glass and they are way more bedazzling in person.

I have a lot of purple clothing and these are gonna be perfect to wear with them. 💜

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Oh and I almost forgot these pretties. Painted with a brilliant color-shifting paint called ďOrchid FlashĒ. The color is light pink but shifts to a gold-ish hue from certain angles and movements. It has a glossy shine all on itís own but my gel lacquer cure, takes them over the top with shininess. My mom loves the big pink sparkly ball beads and wants me to make her a pair with them.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    Don’t you just hate when you can’t capture the true beauty of something in a picture? Happens to me all the time. To me, these purple sticks below look kinda shabby in photos but in person, they are so pretty. The smaller beads that look black, are actually a shimmery dark purple in reality. The big balls too, are crackle glass and they are way more bedazzling in person.

I have a lot of purple clothing and these are gonna be perfect to wear with them. ��

Oh and I almost forgot these pretties. Painted with a brilliant color-shifting paint called “Orchid Flash”. The color is light pink but shifts to a gold-ish hue from certain angles and movements. It has a glossy shine all on it’s own but my gel lacquer cure, takes them over the top with shininess. My mom loves the big pink sparkly ball beads and wants me to make her a pair with them.

That is must wonderful Whirly Girly Love and you really found your one special style of hair sticks.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Awww, thank you so much, love! I’m just having a blast making these sticks. Much to my surprise, several people on another hair group contacted me in pm, asking me if I’d sell them some! The problem is, I love them all so much, I don’t think I can part with any. Obviously I’d have to make more but I don’t know if I want to get into the whole selling thing. Have to think about it more.
    Well Whirly Girly Love I can understand this people, your work is so lovely.
    You really should thinking about it very seriously. Why not open up a little shop somewhere? May be on Etsy or on an other platform?
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

That is must wonderful Whirly Girly Love and you really found your one special style of hair sticks.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    Well Whirly Girly Love I can understand this people, your work is so lovely.
    You really should thinking about it very seriously. Why not open up a little shop somewhere? May be on Etsy or on an other platform?
    Regards
    Fiorentina

I will definitely consider it, and see what it would involve. Thank you doll, for your encouragement and compliments. Youíre so friendly and engaging. My kind of person.

Wow, do I need glasses! For years, Iíve prided myself on having above-average eyesight, and yet for weeks now, Iíve been calling you Florentina instead of Fiorentina! Iím so sorry hun. I am on an iPad mini and canít see sometimes worth a hill of beansÖunless I zoom. I feel like an idiot. Haha! I apologize, Fiorentina love. Iíve got your name right now because I zoomed in and saw it was an ďiĒ and not an ďLĒ. Very embarrassed.

Have some more homemade sticks to show later when I get back home and Iím also expecting a custom-made order today from WoodEverIImagine on Etsy! Canít wait to get it tonight.

Have a great Monday, hair stick lovers!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I will definitely consider it, and see what it would involve. Thank you doll, for your encouragement and compliments. You’re so friendly and engaging. My kind of person.

Wow, do I need glasses! For years, I’ve prided myself on having above-average eyesight, and yet for weeks now, I’ve been calling you Florentina instead of Fiorentina! I’m so sorry hun. I am on an iPad mini and can’t see sometimes worth a hill of beans…unless I zoom. I feel like an idiot. Haha! I apologize, Fiorentina love. I’ve got your name right now because I zoomed in and saw it was an “i” and not an “L”. Very embarrassed.
    Whirly Girly Sweetie, there's no need to apologize, I always thought you made such a nice lovely nickname for me. I am totally ok with that
    Yes please keep us up to date about your thoughts regarding open up a shop...
    I am very curious about your latest hair stick shopping and of corse the homemade sticks
    Have a great Monday too
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Whirly Girly Sweetie, there's no need to apologize, I always thought you made such a nice lovely nickname for me. I am totally ok with that
    Yes please keep us up to date about your thoughts regarding open up a shop...
    I am very curious about your latest hair stick shopping and of corse the homemade sticks
    Have a great Monday too
    Regards
    Fiorentina

To be honest, Iím feeling a little stressed out about the whole selling thing. Another lady comtacted me last night, wanting to buy two pairs of my sticks. I have no idea what to even charge for them. Making them for yourself is one thing but when someone is paying for something, it adds a lot of pressure. I just donít know about all this.

Well I got these gorgeous custom-made clear-purple hair sticks yesterday from WoodEverIImagine and I absolutely love them. She is becoming my favorite Etsy seller because she can make the sticks much longer than many others will. These ones are 9Ē long. Perfect.

Iím so into translucent sticks right now. Hard to see the translucence in these photos. They are a lighter purple shade than the pictures lead you to believe.

I also got this stunning Diamond hair stick. I can see why she calls it diamond because it shines like one. The holographic glitter is very dazzling.

She sells this glitter stick in other colors so I may get the pink and purple sticks next.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Really liking these ďPeacock BlueĒ ones I made. The electric blue is nice in my hair.

Made these much shorter white sticks for smaller up-dos that wonít swallow up short sticks. They will be nice for summer.

The glue I use is for beads and jewelry and it dries clear. It has a rubbery texture and is very easy to clean up, even after it dries.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Made these silver sticks earlier. I just love how the silver and pink look together.
    Too pretty.