Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whole Body No-Poo Lifestyle

Length
    waist/TB/long

Default Re: Whole Body No-Poo Lifestyle

I had uterine cancer that had also spread to my cervix. I had to have everything surgically removed in a complete hysterectomy and then underwent lots of radiation therapy, both externally and internally. The cancer is gone but the radiation left me with very long-term side effects which are still not gone. I can eat NO raw fruits or vegetables, not very many cooked ones, and on and on it goes. I'm hoping the Essiac tea helps me as it has many others.

What about you? What kind of cancer did you have?

Length
    waist/TB/long

Yeshuasdaughter. I received my Essiac Tea and have been taking it for six days. So far so good. I haven't had any trouble drinking it. Instead of pouring each three-ounce serving from a big container each time, at night I pour all three servings for the next day into three tiny Ball canning jars that I happen to have. Here's a link to the jars in case you might like to try them:

https://www.amazon.com/Jarden-Ball-M...%2C123&sr=8-10

The jars happen to have markings on the side so you can see when you have poured exactly three ounces. I pop them in the fridge and when I need each one I can shake the heck out of it and drink directly from the jar. I just mention all this about the jars because it makes it easier and less messy for me to take it.

@deborah That's great! I drink it too. Have you seen any health improvements? For me, it gives me energy. Not like caffeine energy, but "post-chemo, I feel normal rather than constant flu symptoms" energy. I feel like I have healthy blood, and the ability to function. I also notice that any infections I have go away when I drink it regularly. Where'd you buy it from?

I have changed my hair routine. Now I am washing less often, and when I do, it's usually just a small amount of borax dissolved in a quart or so of warm water. Really like a tsp or so. My hair is healthy, smooth, the curl is relaxed, and it's nearly always detangled.

So, first I wet my hair. Then I dump the borax water throughout my hair, different pours on different parts of my head, saturating it all. I scrub it into the scalp, like shampoo. Then I rinse really well. That's it.

If after I get out of the tub, my hair seems to be a little dry, I add just a couple drops of olive oil to the baby hairs on my nape, and then run it with my fingers through to the ends of my hair.

Then, when I brush it, it's smooth and shiny, not greasy. And very manageable.

About a week ago, following Brad Mondo's YouTube tutorial, I let my daughter give me the butterfly haircut. She divided my hair into two ponytails and cut all my chemo curl hair off. My chemo curls were 4c curls. So tight that they were permanently tangled and nearly impossible to brush a lot of the time. And as soon as I would brush them, they would lock right back up.

My hair has consistently, for the past year, been growing out without chemo curls, into my normal 2c wavy pattern. We cut off maybe ten inches of wet hair, but the curls were so tight, that it only really removed about two or three inches of dry hair. It didn't make much of a change at all.

But what it did was remarkable. I can run a hairbrush through my hair. I can detangle it in the bath. My hair stays mostly tangle free for hours.

Before, there would be huge snarls in my hair within only a few minutes of careful total detangling. I'm so very happy now.

Plus, all these layers are very 1990s, Jennifer Anniston. I love it.

@Deborah, I had Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. It's a blood cancer, similar to leukemia that lived in the bone marrow of my pelvic bone. I am still in a wheelchair because of it. Oh goodness. I hated chemo, and the effects are long lasting, but radiation was the worst! I had radiation burns for 2 years!!!! And then I would get infections in the site where the radiation treatment was.

I also have trouble with fruits and veggies. I got "chemotherapy related diabetes", so I can't really eat grains or sugars. During cancer, I became allergic to all seeds and nuts. And that leaves me with meat. I've been eating hardcore keto (nothing but meat and vegetables) since October. And flirting with the idea of the Carnivore or Lion diet.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Yeah, the radiation did a big number on my gut. I'm still recovering from it, even though the radiation was in early 2021. My doctor is trying new things, but he has said that some people never fully recover. Well, it is in God's hands, and I know He will help me cope as He has all this time. I faithfully drink my Essiac tea three times a day. I don't know if anything has changed in my health, but I've only been on it for four months, so maybe I'll see some good changes soon.