Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWC, Elymwold, GTS and more!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: WWC, Elymwold, GTS and more!

Hi again, your inbox is full. Thank you for your response re: customs form, that's brilliant. I've just gone to pay and it gives me a choice of which currency to use. If you'd prefer CAD then please let me know how much the USD $33.45 converts to thanks!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I hope my package arrives soon. I'm getting impatient.

EDIT: Yep, they showed up today! Yay!
    Last edited by GoatLady; January 24th, 2023 at 04:23 PM.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    I hope my package arrives soon. I'm getting impatient.

EDIT: Yep, they showed up today! Yay!
    Yay!! I am very glad they arrived! How funny that it showed just as you were getting impatient..lol. Are they both a good fit? I was slightly worried you had missed the size of the Elymwold stick, given that the fork is MUCH smaller. I hope both have found a good home

The fork is sort of special because it's made from a tree that fell in the maker's yard. A tree that was also used to make a flexi 8 style Hairtoy that was part of a travelling Hairtoy swap we had on this forum years ago, hosted by myself, that the maker generously offered to make for us. (That was before she had an Etsy shop and had gone professional with hair accessories) It was called The Sisterhood of the Travelling Hairtoy, but it became Hairtoys plural..lol.
    Last edited by Calaelen; January 25th, 2023 at 12:30 PM.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Yay!! I am very glad they arrived! How funny that it showed just as you were getting impatient..lol. Are they both a good fit? I was slightly worried you had missed the size of the Elymwold stick, given that the fork is MUCH smaller. I hope both have found a good home

The fork is sort of special because it's made from a tree that fell in the maker's yard. A tree that was also used to make a flexi 8 style Hairtoy that was part of a travelling Hairtoy swap we had on this forum years ago, hosted by myself, that the maker generously offered to make for us. (That was before she had an Etsy shop and had gone professional with hair accessories) It was called The Sisterhood of the Travelling Hairtoy, but it became Hairtoys plural..lol.
    I love them both. It may be weird, but I prefer my hairtoys to be oversized. I want to SEE them. My motto is, "the bigger, the better!" As long as it doesn't fall out, I'll wear it. I also like that I won't outgrow them.

How cool to know the history of the fork. I was drawn to it because of the spalted wood. I love interesting wood grains. The same with the hair stick. Plus it's an Elymwold and I adore his work.

Last edited by GoatLady; January 25th, 2023 at 05:45 PM.

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    I love them both. It may be weird, but I prefer my hairtoys to be oversized. I want to SEE them. My motto is, "the bigger, the better!" As long as it doesn't fall out, I'll wear it. I also like that I won't outgrow them.

How cool to know the history of the fork. I was drawn to is because of the spalted wood. I love interesting wood grains. The same with the hair stick. Plus it's an Elymwold and I adore his work.
    I am SO happy to read this, and I must say not only are you not weird, you have pretty good judgement because both look so good on you regardless of the fact that most would consider them oversized. I actually might try to see if I can embrace the oversized look a bit more now that I have seen how you're rocking it!! I have an entire box of hair toys I considered now too big for me since losing a lot of hair to both shedding and mechanical damage, and was losing hope that I would ever be able to wear again since I now literally could drop dead at any moment..so thank you for that.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    I am SO happy to read this, and I must say not only are you not weird, you have pretty good judgement because both look so good on you regardless of the fact that most would consider them oversized. I actually might try to see if I can embrace the oversized look a bit more now that I have seen how you're rocking it!! I have an entire box of hair toys I considered now too big for me since losing a lot of hair to both shedding and mechanical damage, and was losing hope that I would ever be able to wear again since I now literally could drop dead at any moment..so thank you for that.
    Yes, absolutely! Get those hairtoys out of the box and wear them. Life is too short. Enjoy the toys!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Sending a message regarding the Bois de Rose 60th Street.

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OhioLisa View Post
    Sending a message regarding the Bois de Rose 60th Street.
    Received and replied. Let me know if for some reason that didn't go through to you