Thread: Greetings!!

Length
    24/24/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Greetings!!

Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to meet you! My name is Anna.

I recently found this forum and knew I had to participate and seek wisdom from those who know best.

My hair is currently a few inches below my shoulders, comes down to about mid-chest. Not long ago I chopped off about 2-3 inches and came to realization that this has been a terrible cycle for years: attempt to grow hair, watch as growth is quickly stunted by dreadful split ends, chop off unhealthy growth, repeat...

I always come back to this length of hair but never manage to truly move past it. I don't know why it has never occurred that there is a better way than commercial shampoos, conditioners, dyes, and harsh chemicals. Nevertheless, this revelation is the impetus for a more holistic approach, one that takes into consideration my overall health as much as a targeted focus on the state of my hair.

For me, the new year begins during the Winter Solstice/Yule. This is a time of rebirth when the wheel starts turning from the beginning again. I have already decided that a drastic change to my hair care routine is in order, and will be one of the great defining changes to my lifestyle. As a more long term goal, I would love to see my hair reach hip length within the next 3 - 4 years.

I will start by giving thanks and sharing gratitude with the lovely folks here. Such a wonderful resource! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey and vice versa.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Greetings!!

Howdy, nice to meet you! I've found that catnip rinses help a little bit to prevent split ends for me. The main factors for most people, though, seem to be 1) getting plenty of moisture, 2) avoiding mechanical damage, and 3) learning to notice them a little less ( ;

Length
    12.5/15.5/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Happy almost Yule! New beginning indeed. I bet you'll see great growth if you can protect it through the winter months while on this journey toward holistic health for your hair. Best of luck!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi there! Welcome to our humble little abode!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/24/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Thank you all so much for the great tips right off the bat! I am in the process of brewing an herbal rinse at the moment, was very glad I had some cat nip in my cabinet to add! I live in a very dry, high altitude region of the Rockies; the struggle of keeping those ends protected and moisturized throughout the winter months is real!!

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Shoulder length is a common length where many people will see a lot of damage. Simply because the ens will start to rub against the shoulders. Once past it can calm down a bit and is easier to put up.

But already now, an updo, like peacock twist with a claw clip or ficcare, could help.

Also what type of clothes you wear when you hair is down can make a big difference. Rough materials such as knitted sweaters and wool, will cause more damage than soft and more slippery shirts.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome to the fold! You'll find lots of inspiration here.

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Shoulder length is a common length where many people will see a lot of damage. Simply because the ens will start to rub against the shoulders. Once past it can calm down a bit and is easier to put up.
    That... makes a lot of sense actually.

Hi wickedannabelle! I'm new too!