Thread: New here! Starting with a mullet from shaved head

Length
    buzz/6"/term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/i/ii

Talking New here! Starting with a mullet from shaved head

Hello!!

My name is Pumpkin and on January 20th, 2021, I shaved off my hair for the 3rd time. It was at chin length and I thought oof I'm not going to look good with long hair, I'll just keep it short. But I changed my mind as I saw youtubers with long luscious locks that shined. I definitely had hair envy and would love to eventually experiment with Victorian hairstyles. I want to grow my hair as long as possible (knee+), my first goal is to get my shortest piece (my bangs) that are currently mid-eye length, down to my chin. Very easy start! The rest of my hair will probably be armpit length by then?? I'm nervous about evening out the mullet shape because I don't want to lose the length. I'm going to wait until my hair is longer before I touch anything.

I found this community through a youtuber and I've been obsessed looking at everyone's progress, recipes, and henna'd hair. I just had to join! I have 3a-3b, m, ii hair. I started a natural hair journey about 5 years ago when I got a pixie cut and had my natural color. I tried to embrace my curls for the first time (no more straightening) and learned about all of the different amazing natural hair care products that are out there (both commercially and diy). Over the years though, I learned that I don't need very many products to keep my hair healthy and I'm currently trying to downsize my product collection. It's very hard to do so with such short hair but I think that once my hair grows out a bit over the next year, I'll be able to use more up. I'm obsessed with leave-in conditioners and oils at the moment haha.

A little about me, I love to draw, play video games, and sew! I'm super into gothic/Victorian and regency fashion, as well as 1920's fashion (which is partially why I cut my hair short to fit the decade for a few years).

Nice to meet you all!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: New here! Starting with a mullet from shaved head

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! One of the advantages of curly hair is that it hides an uneven hemline pretty well. Keep the curls nice and wild until you've grown out that mullet ( ;

I love mullets! Sometimes I wish I'd had one before I committed to growing mine out. Welcome to LHC, good to have you.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Calf
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Welcome! My, what a journey you've been on already! I can't wait to watch you achieve your hair dreams

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome! I look forward to watching your journey.

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights