Thread: SMT in henna mix?

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default SMT in henna mix?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has experience with swapping regular conditioner out with an SMT in their henna mix. Did you find that it worked well? Did it mitigate some of the dryness from henna treatment? Did it make rinsing easier?

I'm thinking of giving it a shot!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: SMT in henna mix?

I haven't tried SMT, but oils, coconutmilk, honey, aloe vera gel and conditioner in my henna, together in different variations. So basically the ingredients in an SMT and some others. More moisturised hair, but no less dying effect. I find henna to be quite forgiving and one can dilute it quite a lot, with many things without getting any real change in how it stains. Sure there will be an amount that will eventually effect the staining, but I've succesfully changed around 1/3 of the water with other ingredients so far.

Indigo is far more sensitive.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: SMT in henna mix?

Thank you, TatsuOni!

I know I've experimented with (canned) coconut milk before. For the life of me, though, I cannot remember 1) where I incorporated it and 2) why I stopped using it.

I remember it smelled pretty good, and my cat went nuts about it, though, haha.

Maybe it'd be worth a try.