Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else doing multiple hair treatments in same time?

Default Anyone else doing multiple hair treatments in same time?

I don't wash my hair very often and that's why I feel I must do all the treatments in same shower time to get some results...

Like for hairloss you should make onion-rosemary-treatments twice a week. Well that means every time for me. But that's what only my scalp needs. I have so many problems to take care of. Next my hair lengths need oil, honey, aloe vera... And finally a fenugreek-vinegar rinse. So I'm fighting against hairloss and dryness and tangles in same time. And of course I must dye my gray roots with henna once a month... That combined with other treatments, well it takes time at least. Exept that of course biggest part of this time is only effect time, while you can do something else (I'm trying to develop some turban system so that I can go to work with henna or treatment in hair XD )

The problem is only that these different treatments abolish the effects of each other. After onion-rosemary-juice treatment there's nothing left from the results of my oil treatment... And it feels I should be an acrobat to get the onion treatments only to the scalp. Maybe I could spray it, if I could skip rinsing it. I don't know if I can.

And finally I don't know if my fenugreek-ACV-rinse (that I don't rinse away) destroys the effects of my onion-rosemary-treatment.

Anyone else has experience of this kind of multitasking?
    Last edited by Priska; November 19th, 2022 at 10:05 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Anyone else doing multiple hair treatments in same time?

Mmmmyeah, I wouldn't do it all-at-once! I mean, Ursula's standard advice even says (I think I got it there) that if you do / try something to do it one thing at a time, until it's well incorporated, not all new all at once, but hey if you're used to it, what are we to say, right?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thanks! Must read Ursula's standard advice (found that thread), maybe I'll get some ideas from there 🤔 😊

But more answers are also still welcome!
    Maybe I just must wash my hair more often.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No girl! No need to wash more often. Just spread out all the "goodness" for different wash days. Have a "this" day that day and a "that" day the other? You know, divide and conquer.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

It's just that I am in WAR against tangles. Not more or less. That's why I need maximum anti-tangle products every time I wash my hair. Also I'm in war against exess shedding. Yeah. Challenge is to combine these two. Well, I guess neither of these is going to kill me...

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    It's just that I am in WAR against tangles. Not more or less. That's why I need maximum anti-tangle products every time I wash my hair. Also I'm in war against exess shedding. Yeah. Challenge is to combine these two. Well, I guess neither of these is going to kill me...
    What do you consider excess shedding? Since we can shed up to 100 hairs or mor, per day, that's a lot of normal shedding. And since our hair is long, the shed-out hairs are much more noticeable. For example, I only wash my hair once per week in the winter. I don't brush my hair (I comb, only). So, when I do my weekly washes there is a LOT of shed hair in my drain trap (I use a tub shroom). This is not an abnormal amount of shedding. I think a lot of us "long hairs" worry needlessly about shedding. It's normal. I would be more concerned about your tangles and dryness focus on finding something that helps in that department.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Losing 100 hairs a day is nearly 1/3 of your hair lost every year. How many years could you live and still have hair? And is such a life really normal? lol
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    You don't have to rely just on a shower routine. I use detangling spray or ale vera gel on dry hair and sometimes follow up with a few drops of oil, to keep my hair happy and minimal tangles.

I only wash my hair once a month. So I use my own liquid homemade hair mask in the sauna. Then I CO-wah my hair in the shower and finish it with a rinse of NightBloomings Alluvial instead of vinegar.

Then I do other things for my hair and scalp in between washes.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Great points and tips, thanks everyone! And more answers are still welcome!