Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: host the photos

  1. #21
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66,201
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I also want to throw in these two:

    - https://postimages.org/
    - https://imgbb.com/

    These are some very popular hosts. I love that just like Imgur, you can make an account and therefore can always delete photos in the future if you change your mind. IMGBB lets you upload massive photos though in very high quality, and PostImages lets you easily resize stuff, as well as go back and re-upload a different photo while keeping the same upload link, or privating some photos in the future as opposed to deleting it (though you can of course delete them, too). Some perks!
    That description doesn't sound half bad; I might check those out as well.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #22
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,402
    Length
    ./62"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I also want to throw in these two:

    - https://postimages.org/
    - https://imgbb.com/

    These are some very popular hosts. I love that just like Imgur, you can make an account and therefore can always delete photos in the future if you change your mind. IMGBB lets you upload massive photos though in very high quality, and PostImages lets you easily resize stuff, as well as go back and re-upload a different photo while keeping the same upload link, or privating some photos in the future as opposed to deleting it (though you can of course delete them, too). Some perks!
    I didn't know this. Is an account required to do this? I just use the service anonymously
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  3. #23
    Member Fiorentina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    245
    Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I also want to throw in these two:

    - https://postimages.org/
    - https://imgbb.com/

    These are some very popular hosts. I love that just like Imgur, you can make an account and therefore can always delete photos in the future if you change your mind. IMGBB lets you upload massive photos though in very high quality, and PostImages lets you easily resize stuff, as well as go back and re-upload a different photo while keeping the same upload link, or privating some photos in the future as opposed to deleting it (though you can of course delete them, too). Some perks!
    Hi Glitch

    Thank you for your answer, that sounds interesting.
    Are this services for free?

    Regards
    Fiorentina
    ...back to my natural hair color...

  4. #24
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷 Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,167
    Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    I didn't know this. Is an account required to do this? I just use the service anonymously
    It's not required, but if you do, you can then access additional features like those (replacing photos/private and unprivate/delete something in the future and more)!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina View Post
    Hi Glitch

    Thank you for your answer, that sounds interesting.
    Are this services for free?

    Regards
    Fiorentina
    Yes, all free!

  5. #25
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,402
    Length
    ./62"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Ah not quite

    Quote Originally Posted by https://postimages.org/faq
    I need to change an image I have uploaded while preserving the URL. Is this possible?

    We only allow alteration of existing images in case the user can provide evidence supporting their claim of ownership of the original image, and we charge a $10 maintenance fee for this procedure. We recommend to resort to this method only in cases when updating documents referring to that image is not possible, and instead re-upload images to new URLs whenever possible. Contact tech support if you need this service.
    Still a great site though!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  6. #26
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷 Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,167
    Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Hmm, not sure when they started charging for that feature, but otherwise still works (and if you have an account, there's no need to prove ownership of course).

    That sucks though, I used to do that frequently, but for free. Sigh.

  7. #27
    Member Fiorentina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    245
    Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: host the photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    It's not required, but if you do, you can then access additional features like those (replacing photos/private and unprivate/delete something in the future and more)!



    Yes, all free!
    I check those out too, thank you for telling me.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    ...back to my natural hair color...

  8. #28
    Member tuanyiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    🇨🇳
    Posts
    1,149
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: host the photos

    I mainly use Discord for the image link, but I also crosspost all my photos on multiple platforms (both Chinese and English ones) with watermarks.
    After the downfall of flickr and photobucket, I donít want to rely on one single hosting site anymore.
    98cm 1b/C/10.3cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •