Thread: Hi!!

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class

Default Hi!!

Hi everyone!!
    I'm angel baby ♡

I used to have tailbone length hair, but then I went white-blonde and cut my hair to about shoulder length. I decided to have some fun by shaving my sides, and wore my hair teased up in a fluffy mohawk for like a year, then cut it into a bob when I was ready to start growing it all out to one length.
    I'm a dancer by hobby and really wanted long hair back to swish around while dancing. I've been casually growing my hair out (not doing any special treatment other than vitamins) but lately I feel like I want to get more proactive about taking care of my hair so I can keep my color and grow as long as possible!

Current routine:
    • Wash 2x/week with Olaplex shampoo, Kerastase mask, and Olaplex conditioner. Dry with a microfiber towel, then use Olaplex leave-in conditioner and hair oil on my ends.
    • Use a scalp scaler or Olaplex 3 every other wash, and a clarifying shampoo as needed.
    • No heat!! I don't want to give up the bleach, but I can easily give up heat. I air dry my hair for ~2hours then put it in a loose Dutch braid or wrap it around a heatless curler headband if I want curls the next day.
    • Rotate Kerastase masks to treat different hair concerns. Right now I'm alternating between the Blond Absolu mask with hyaluronic acid for hydration, Nutritive mask to add fats and moisture, and then I use the Resistance strengthening mask 1-2x/month to add some protein back in.
    • Bleach every 5 weeks, roots only. Bleached hair is most fragile 3 weeks after bleaching, so I try to go as long as possible in between doing my roots. I do my best never to let the newly applied bleach overlap with previously lightened hair.
    • Use Fanola No Yellow shampoo instead of a toner+developer combo to tone my hair to a nice icy blonde. Sometimes I get lavender streaks from it as well!!
    • Gently detangle my hair every morning and evening, and oil my ends with a little bit of Olaplex 7 or rose hip oil. Put it in an easy protective style (day) or loose Dutch braid (night)
    • Claw clips and satin scrunchies instead of elastics
    • Visit my hairdresser every 3-4 months and trim off about an inch. It makes the growing process go slower, but keeps my ends in much better condition. I love seeing my hemline thicken up.
    • Take collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fish oil supplements
    • Drink 64 oz water every day

It's an involved routine but I enjoy doing it!! I cycle my skincare routine, which is how I came up with the idea of cycling the different masks and other products. I've noticed a big improvement from limiting heat styling and putting a little bit of oil on my ends every day. I know two women who have pretty long (tailbone for one, classic for the other) bleach blonde hair, so I've been asking them for advice.

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and admiring all your beautiful hair!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hi!!

Welcome. There is a thread for "bottle blondes" on here, called bb grow long, or something to that effect. It's hard to remember sometimes!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you!

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome. There is a thread for "bottle blondes" on here, called bb grow long, or something to that effect. It's hard to remember sometimes!
    Thanks!! That sounds really helpful

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy, nice to meet you!
    Thanks, nice to meet you too!!

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome! I look forward to watching your journey.

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    Welcome! I look forward to watching your journey.
    Thank you!! Nice to meet you

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Welcome to the forum
    99cm 1b/C/10.6cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hi welcome!

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights