Thread: Hello nice to meet you all!

Length
    23.6/39/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Hello nice to meet you all!

Hi there!

I'm 25f and from South West Germany. I work as a marketing assistant and my main interests are beauty (hence I'm here lol), manga, movies, graphic novels, pop culture, art and indie games

I've been lurking and occasionally posting on the German version of this forum (In German it's called Langhaarnetzwerk.de), but I also wanted to check out the English version.
    My hair is hip/butt length, the longest strands are around 98 cm long. It's dark brown, medium thick and with medium high density and somewhere between 1c and 2a. Like it's not completely straight, but it also not super wavy, it's somewhere in between. Also I'm pretty sure my hair has a low porosity. My main goals are keeping it smooth and easy to comb through, giving it shine, reducing frizz and just keeping it soft and hydrated.

I never had issues growing my hair, it grows pretty fast (about 15 (5.9 inches) to 20 cm (7.8 inches) per year), but I've cut it plenty of times in the past, because it was either starting to annoy me or I just wanted a new hair cut.
    But now I do want to try to grow it as long as possible, because I find long hair to be very beautiful and kinda fairytale like haha.
    My go to hair style is a low pony tail, sometimes I also put it up in a bun or braid it. When I wear it down, I HAVE to carry a tangle teezer with me, because it will get tangled very easily. I think it's my hair's straightish wavy texture that makes it extra prone to that, no matter how well I take care of it.

The last time I cut my hair must have been in the beginning of this year, but I didn't cut off a lot, maybe around 10 cm or so, because I thought it could need a little trim, plus I love the feeling of freshly cut ends.

My routine is pretty mixed up because I like switching up products and trying out new stuff, but the usual routine is washing it every 3 days, I've been doing that for as long as I can remember. Thanks to dry shampoo, sometimes I can also stretch it out to 4 days. I use a conditioner with every hair wash and use a hair mask at least once a week. Then after drying it with a microfiber towel, I put on a leave in spray, then follow up with a hair oil. Then I blow dry it on the lowest setting, because I don't have the time or patience to let my hair air dry for hours lol.

My favorite hair care brands are Kérastase, Function of Beauty and Pantene. Plus I really like the hair masks from Lush, especially Marilyn and Jasmin and Henna! I've also recently started trying out Umberto Giannini and really like their shampoo and conditioner from the Salon Smooth and Banana line! Function of Beauty has also been working really well for me!

I've never posted pics of my hair online, but maybe I will do it soon!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to interacting with you guys on this site and exchange our experiences with hair care!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the forum!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you!

Length
    15/39/tbd
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Welcome!

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome! You'll get a lot of inspiration here. : )

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    18.5/24/28
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Welcome! I’m originally from Baden-Würtemberg, Germany but have lived all over the United States for over 20 years.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!