Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2023

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

Default List your hair goals for 2023

bit early maybe, but here is the topic for next year! for those of you that make plans early

Updated goals here

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...=1#post3996090
    Last edited by Bat; July 8th, 2023 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Restarted July

Length
    SL/APL/BSL

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2023

Thank you for creating the thread, Bat!
    Some are of my hair goals for 2023 are (updates are posted in green):
    -complete the first no trimming challenge of the year (no trimming from January 11th to June 30th,2023) (achieved)
    -complete the second no trimming challenge of the year (no trimming from July 11th to December 31st,2023)
    -reach hip length hair, maybe even tailbone length hair, by the end of the year(achieved hip length hair)
    -wear my hair up more often and maybe learn some new updos
    (I learned how to do the Disc bun, the Nessa bun and the Spock bun. I have also developed a habit of braiding my hair prior to sleep.)
    Last edited by QuietVixen; July 12th, 2023 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added the second no trimming challenge and I did a half year update.
    I'm taking life one hair milestone at a time. I'm just letting my hair grow at it’s own speed.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think it would be good for me to try and keep up with the "hairstyle of the month" thread and learn some new things. I did that a lot when I first joined LHC, but have gotten out of the habit : P

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

As close to waist length as possible. If I reach it, fine. If not, it'll be very close anyway so why bother.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks bat, I just listed my hair goals for 2022 with less than three months left, some are short-term, some are long-term which will appear here as well.

I will edit more when new year arrives, I’m sure I will change my mind about certain things but currently my goals for 2023 would be:
    Love myself first, then my hair.
    Do whatever I need to keep my hair as damage-free as possible and promote hair growth.
    Spend less money on hair products/accessories, and invest more in healthy food instead.
    Continue my no-trim/heat/elastic and bun/fingercomb/water-only hair care routine.
    Learn more hairstyles and DIY more hair toys, and practice them on my mannequins first, record them on my own hair with videos and photos, make tutorials for others.
    Post my first anniversary thread in June, hopefully I will have reached classic by then, I might hit mid-thigh/fingertip+ by the end of 2023, I have very short legs, I may be able to reach knee in 2024.
    Change my Type to iii when my baby hairs grow long enough to be held inside my ponytail, so the circumference becomes at least 10.5cm, preferably 11-12cm by the end of the year. Trust my parent's hair DNA and reclaim my glorious thick dense hair days.
    It’s okay to give up on certain things, don’t let the past drag me down.
    Be as stress-free as I can, if not, force a smile.
    Be a generally improved and happier person that benefits the community.
    Learn more about hair science, eg, finish reading "Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair" by C. Robbins, and overcome the fear of foreign and scientific long words, look them up in the dictionary.
    Trust the law of attraction and peruse Classic to Knee Length, The knee-length and beyond thread, and Floor Length and Beyond! from page 1 to end to manifest more hair growth.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 11th, 2022 at 09:38 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My goals for 2023 is to reach hip length by spring.
    Use products on my hair that is good for hair growth
    Use less heat
    Do not trim
    Continue to use products that helps the health of my hair
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

* s i x m o r e i n c h e s *
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

1. Keep growing out my natural hair and abstain from any bleaching and damage-inducing colouring.

2. Continue to lead a healthy lifestyle: nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress management.

3. Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge and keep working through my stash. I should keep product purchases at a reasonable level.

4. Complete at least the first no-trimming challenge.

5. Accumulate as much photobleaching as possible.

6. Get rid of at least 5 cm of bleach.

I will be adding goals if something more comes to mind.
    Last edited by Ylva; December 11th, 2022 at 03:27 PM.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Not trim until at least September.
    Enjoy my hair at the length it is and not focus on waiting for it to be longer.

Length should be MBL early in 2023, and may be nearing waist by the end of the year depending on trims.

Grow to hip length (slowly while trimming)…

Cut off 3 inches of bleach (the plan is for seasonal trims of 1/2” or 1” but if hair is holding up may change the approach)

Continue to grow healthy hair with no bleaching, eating well, and taking multi-vitamin, fish oil edit: & vitamin D on indoor days

Grow out layers a few more inches so the shortest are —closer to BSL— edit: as close to WL as possible and easier to braid.
    Last edited by rosenester; June 22nd, 2023 at 09:09 AM.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th