Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy new to long hair - dealing with multiple hair types

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Guy new to long hair - dealing with multiple hair types

I known this well, I also have hair that goes from straight to curly in back. It can be a real pain to manage as you grow out.

Best advice I can give is find multiple images of realistic hair styles you want in the future so you can show the stylist and say this is what I'm growing to but I need to be neat while I get there.
    Realistic being ones that are the same or similar textures to yours. If you ask for a style that is designed for straight or really curly hair, you'll be unhappy.

Length
    26/Knee+/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Guy new to long hair - dealing with multiple hair types

Also, while it’s rather unfortunately named, I recommend pretty much anyone with some texture to read about the “curly girl” method because hair is often a lot wavier than we think. My own hair is slightly wavy, though not really wavy enough to have an even, socially desirable texture with consistent clumping, but learning my hair was a lot wavier than I thought because of the way I was treating it helped me to better work with it. Brushing or combing hair while wet often takes out a bunch of texture and contributes to frizz.