Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ➡️ Does Anyone Use These Jumbo Claw Clips from Etsy? 🤗

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: ➡️ Does Anyone Use These Jumbo Claw Clips from Etsy? 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    I couldn’t agree more, lapushka. 4.25 inches is wonderfully thick even still.

I’ve had people tell me “you’re so lucky to have such thick hair” and I think to myself, “if only they knew”.

People can often think the grass is greener on the other side but if they actually had thick hair, they’d see that it’s not all roses and candy. For starters, it’s very heavy and takes a long time to dry. Also, hair accessories made to hold up the average person’s hair, won’t even hold up a few strands of mine. Haha!

I once had a hair dresser thin out my hair years ago but then it was full of a lot of layers and I wasn’t keen on it. I also used to flat iron and that “thinned” out my hair too but the heat damage was awful.

Happy early Birthday, Ada-banana! Hope you have a good one.
    Thank you!!

And I too wish often that I had iii hair. Really thick hair, would be great. But maybe you guys are right. I love updos and they are easier for me.
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic
    Last trim: 18 Feb 22 - Tailbone Okt 23 (unstretched)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I couldn’t agree more, lapushka. 4.25 inches is wonderfully thick even still.

I’ve had people tell me “you’re so lucky to have such thick hair” and I think to myself, “if only they knew”.

People can often think the grass is greener on the other side but if they actually had thick hair, they’d see that it’s not all roses and candy. For starters, it’s very heavy and takes a long time to dry. Also, hair accessories made to hold up the average person’s hair, won’t even hold up a few strands of mine. Haha!

I once had a hair dresser thin out my hair years ago but then it was full of a lot of layers and I wasn’t keen on it. I also used to flat iron and that “thinned” out my hair too but the heat damage was awful.

Happy early Birthday, Ada-banana! Hope you have a good one.
    8+ hours for me, to get it damp/dry. I typically on wash day let it dry for 5 hours before I diffuse. Diffusing takes less than 5 minutes that way. And during drying, I just clip it up and forget about it.

But yes thick hair isn't the best. Average thickness is good enough! I was on the brink of an eating disorder in my teens and had lost about 1/3 of my thickness. For the first time I could actually wear barrette clips. I did not get into a full blown ED, thank heavens, thanks to my mother who kicked my butt. But I know what average thickness feels like, is all I'm saying, and it's average for a reason (no negative connotation meant).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    8+ hours for me, to get it damp/dry. I typically on wash day let it dry for 5 hours before I diffuse. Diffusing takes less than 5 minutes that way. And during drying, I just clip it up and forget about it.

But yes thick hair isn't the best. Average thickness is good enough! I was on the brink of an eating disorder in my teens and had lost about 1/3 of my thickness. For the first time I could actually wear barrette clips. I did not get into a full blown ED, thank heavens, thanks to my mother who kicked my butt. But I know what average thickness feels like, is all I'm saying, and it's average for a reason (no negative connotation meant).

Congratulations on beating your ED, lapushka. Good for you. Mom’s are the best.

I wish I had average thickness. A hairdresser told me I had enough hair for 4 people …and that is when my hair was only mid-back length. I can’t imagine what she’d say now.

I think someday though, thick hair may prove to be wonderful…when we are older and our hair starts thinning. Haha! Doesn’t happen to every older person but it happens to many.
    ​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Congratulations on beating your ED, lapushka. Good for you. Mom’s are the best.

I wish I had average thickness. A hairdresser told me I had enough hair for 4 people …and that is when my hair was only mid-back length. I can’t imagine what she’d say now.

I think someday though, thick hair may prove to be wonderful…when we are older and our hair starts thinning. Haha! Doesn’t happen to every older person but it happens to many.
    My mom, oddly enough, comes from a family of 10 children, and the thick hair is divided almost equally throughout them. My youngest aunt, youngest girl, 5+ inches. My mom, eldest girl, soooo thin, we are talking a finger-thick ponytail here. And it is only thinning through the breakage she puts her hair through with so much hair spray. The two other sisters? One as thin as my mom, even thinner, and the other, yep 5+ inches. It is soooo odd!

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

There are so many pretty clips in this shop! I've favorited it for future shopping sprees Thanks for sharing it, Whirly Girly!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    There are so many pretty clips in this shop! I've favorited it for future shopping sprees Thanks for sharing it, Whirly Girly!
    Where is the link, though? Or, the name? I went over this thread a couple times, and my darn thick head can't find anything.

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Where is the link, though? Or, the name? I went over this thread a couple times, and my darn thick head can't find anything.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnaliseLo...profile_header

I guess ada-banana was actually the one who linked it - assuming that's the right shop. I saw similar clips to what Whirly Girly had and assumed it was it - I guess not. There are nice clips in this shop either way

That's what I get for late night browsing

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I guess I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to post links on this site, so that’s why I didn’t. Here is the link below. She sells multiple colors. I just love them.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1163...search_click=1
    ​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Oh well that sucks. I thought someone on here might use these because they’re the best claw clips I’ve come across for long and thick hair.

I call this style “The Barbell”

Wow, Whirly Girl! Your hair in those clips is gorgeous! And, it's so very thick! I also love the color as well!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I guess I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to post links on this site, so that’s why I didn’t. Here is the link below. She sells multiple colors. I just love them.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1163...search_click=1
    Always allowed to post genuine links, spread the love and usefulness amongst fellow longhairs

I've just bought two claw clips from a drugstore (Superdrug) to try, I actually went out <gasp> so when I saw them I could feel them in person. So far I've not been able to do much with them but I am drooling over the colourful ones in the UK seller's shop
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness