Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

Oh, that looks like the Bass Bio-Flex brush I considered getting! The Bio-Flex comes in Swirl (which is like the one you linked) and Leaf, and I got the Leaf because it looked sturdier. I've only used it right after showering and right after taking out my still-damp sleep braid, but I really like it for those purposes. The wooden brush I got is also by Bass; it's the Green Brush.

https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-bio-flex

https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-green-brush

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Annapox View Post
    Oh, that looks like the Bass Bio-Flex brush I considered getting! The Bio-Flex comes in Swirl (which is like the one you linked) and Leaf, and I got the Leaf because it looked sturdier. I've only used it right after showering and right after taking out my still-damp sleep braid, but I really like it for those purposes. The wooden brush I got is also by Bass; it's the Green Brush.

https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-bio-flex

https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-green-brush

Those look like wonderful brushes you got, Annapox. Very nice. Glad you’re enjoying them. Getting hair products and accessories that work, is awesome.

All I can say is, I know the feeling. I enjoyed watching the look on hairdresser's faces when they look surprised that after theyve literally just combed my hair, the comb still gets caught in it. That's just my hair. It will never do that perfect stroke with a comb thing they like to make videos of.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticfoxes View Post
    All I can say is, I know the feeling. I enjoyed watching the look on hairdresser's faces when they look surprised that after theyve literally just combed my hair, the comb still gets caught in it. That's just my hair. It will never do that perfect stroke with a comb thing they like to make videos of.
    Nobody's hair does that.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Nobody's hair does that.
    Oh... why do they look so confused then 🤣

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I have found that my hair is not nearly as tangled if I do ‘less is more’. I don’t use silicone because it’s like putting glue in my hair - it gets very matted instantly if I use silicone or leave ins. I am currently using seanik and Valkyrie from lush, rinse out and use a wide tooth acrylic hand made comb to detangle and it’s made such a difference. At the end of the day it’s a case of finding out what works for you.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Nobody's hair does that.
    My SIL has this hair! Her hair is somehow incapable of getting tangled - she can wear it down in the wind and then just toss her head and - no tangles. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Her daughter, my niece, however, inherited hair from her dad’s side and consequently has my exact fine wavy tangly hair and at the age of 9 is a leave-in devotee.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    My SIL has this hair! Her hair is somehow incapable of getting tangled - she can wear it down in the wind and then just toss her head and - no tangles. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Her daughter, my niece, however, inherited hair from her dad’s side and consequently has my exact fine wavy tangly hair and at the age of 9 is a leave-in devotee.
    My goodness, I really thought that we all got tangles.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My goodness, I really thought that we all got tangles.
    My hair doesn't truly tangle either! I was too shy to mention it earlier because I felt like a freak LOL but at least I'm not the only one now My "detangling" is really just for reassurance purposes Takes like 5 seconds to glide the comb/brush through and it's like butter. The downside is re-doing my buns a million times some days since they keep slipping and coming apart - super frustrating and I know it causes mechanical damage.