Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

  1. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    59
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Oh, that looks like the Bass Bio-Flex brush I considered getting! The Bio-Flex comes in Swirl (which is like the one you linked) and Leaf, and I got the Leaf because it looked sturdier. I've only used it right after showering and right after taking out my still-damp sleep braid, but I really like it for those purposes. The wooden brush I got is also by Bass; it's the Green Brush.

    https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-bio-flex

    https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-green-brush

  2. #112
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    🇨🇦 Canada
    Posts
    637
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annapox View Post
    Oh, that looks like the Bass Bio-Flex brush I considered getting! The Bio-Flex comes in Swirl (which is like the one you linked) and Leaf, and I got the Leaf because it looked sturdier. I've only used it right after showering and right after taking out my still-damp sleep braid, but I really like it for those purposes. The wooden brush I got is also by Bass; it's the Green Brush.

    https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-bio-flex

    https://www.bassbrushes.com/the-green-brush


    Those look like wonderful brushes you got, Annapox. Very nice. Glad youíre enjoying them. Getting hair products and accessories that work, is awesome.

  3. #113

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    All I can say is, I know the feeling. I enjoyed watching the look on hairdresser's faces when they look surprised that after theyve literally just combed my hair, the comb still gets caught in it. That's just my hair. It will never do that perfect stroke with a comb thing they like to make videos of.

  4. #114
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    67,600
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticfoxes View Post
    All I can say is, I know the feeling. I enjoyed watching the look on hairdresser's faces when they look surprised that after theyve literally just combed my hair, the comb still gets caught in it. That's just my hair. It will never do that perfect stroke with a comb thing they like to make videos of.
    Nobody's hair does that.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  5. #115

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Nobody's hair does that.
    Oh... why do they look so confused then 🤣

  6. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    232
    Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    I have found that my hair is not nearly as tangled if I do Ďless is moreí. I donít use silicone because itís like putting glue in my hair - it gets very matted instantly if I use silicone or leave ins. I am currently using seanik and Valkyrie from lush, rinse out and use a wide tooth acrylic hand made comb to detangle and itís made such a difference. At the end of the day itís a case of finding out what works for you.

  7. #117
    floating waves baanoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,371
    Length
    15/39/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Nobody's hair does that.
    My SIL has this hair! Her hair is somehow incapable of getting tangled - she can wear it down in the wind and then just toss her head and - no tangles. Iíve never seen anything like it.

    Her daughter, my niece, however, inherited hair from her dadís side and consequently has my exact fine wavy tangly hair and at the age of 9 is a leave-in devotee.

  8. #118
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    67,600
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    My SIL has this hair! Her hair is somehow incapable of getting tangled - she can wear it down in the wind and then just toss her head and - no tangles. I’ve never seen anything like it.

    Her daughter, my niece, however, inherited hair from her dad’s side and consequently has my exact fine wavy tangly hair and at the age of 9 is a leave-in devotee.
    My goodness, I really thought that we all got tangles.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  9. #119
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷 Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,226
    Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Why won't my hair stay detangled?

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My goodness, I really thought that we all got tangles.
    My hair doesn't truly tangle either! I was too shy to mention it earlier because I felt like a freak LOL but at least I'm not the only one now My "detangling" is really just for reassurance purposes Takes like 5 seconds to glide the comb/brush through and it's like butter. The downside is re-doing my buns a million times some days since they keep slipping and coming apart - super frustrating and I know it causes mechanical damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •