Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I知 (((((TERRIFIED))))) Of This Happening To Me! 🫢

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Unhappy I知 (((((TERRIFIED))))) Of This Happening To Me! 🫢

Thanks for reading this, guys. I just need to vent. I hope I posted this in the right spot.

I sometimes take the city bus. A couple of weeks ago, this woman with a chin-length bob approached me at the bus stop where I was waiting. It was one of those rare days when I had my thigh-length hair half down. She started out with compliments on my hair and some small talk about the weather.

She then proceeded to tell me about a shocking experience that had me literally terrified and filled with worry and anxiety. My jaw was on the ground as she told me about what I will now call “The Bus Ride From Hell”.

As she began, she said that she goes out of her way to warn all the women she can, who ride busses…especially women with long hair. She told me she had been riding the bus a few weeks back and that a weird man sitting behind her, had cut off her hair! I was absolutely stunned as she described what happened. Seriously horrified.

She said her hair was nearly as long as mine about 3 weeks ago but that she had had it tucked into her hoodie that day and was listening to music with earbuds in her ears. Apparently, this “druggie lunatic” (her words) sitting behind her, had cut the top half of her hair and left the underneath-half, intact, so that she didn’t even feel a thing. She said she didn’t realize her hair was even cut until she got home and took her hoodie off and half her hair dropped to the floor!!!

I’m a very emotional person and I couldn’t stop myself from tearing up as she described this dreadful nightmare. She was teary too as she talked and I could totally feel her pain.

She explained that she realized in retrospect, who the culprit had been because when she got up to exit the bus, she remembered the weird guy behind her had said “nice hair” and that he had a creepy evil smile on his face. She described how the bus didn’t have many people on it …because I wondered why others didn’t see and call out to her. She reported it to the police but nothing came of it …so he is still out there!

I always carry several items in my purse, to put my hair up with…always have, just in case….and you wanna believe after hearing her story, that my hair was fully up in a very high bun that day, before I boarded that bus! I was beyond afraid.

This lady’s story has really emotionally affected me….big time. I even have recurring nightmares about it and wake up sweating and scared. Oh the relief I feel when I realize it was just a bad dream and that my hair is ok. I’m terrified that this could happen to me and I wear my hair up constantly now, whenever I go out.

Can you even imagine someone doing this to someone?! That guy should be charged. This poor woman had something this horrible done to her but didn’t even get a chance to confront this evil psycho who did this to her…let alone charge him, or clobber him! It just wrecks my brain.

Anyway, I’m now in a state of complete paranoia and fear. I’m so sorry if reading this, negatively affects anyone else like it has me…I hope not…but I knew you guys would understand how awful this is. I’m very sensitive and I can’t seem to get over this.

I find myself looking at men suspiciously on busses, wondering if it’s him. I stand on the bus now and won’t sit down. Just hearing about this, has traumatized me. The woman said she sobbed for hours when she got home and her sister came from out of town to be with her. It broke my heart to hear her describe her long beautiful hair and how there was absolutely no way to save what was left, without it looking completely strange and not right….as you can imagine. So now she has a short bob. He robbed her of her hair.
    Who does this?!!

Omg. Just OMG.
    Last edited by Whirly Girly; September 20th, 2022 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
    ​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!

Length
    CBL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: I知 (((((TERRIFIED))))) Of This Happening To Me! 🫢

It's absolutely vile and devastating that this happened to her. I'm sorry you're in a bad state because of it. But please remember that it's just hair. Your mental health and life are more important than something that can grow back eventually.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist | Hip

Length
    -/28/31
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

This seems so strange to me that she approached you and shared this personal trauma with a total stranger, but I guess she was trying to help and prevent it from happening to you as well, so 組ood intentions I suppose

That said, when in public I am always on guard. Sure, my hair is tied up unless I feel safe and surrounded my friends, but also my phone is tucked away, my bag straps are looped around my arms tightly and I am always aware of my surroundings and do not drown out the environment with ear buds. I am not paranoid, just aware.

If some creep is out there cutting people痴 hair in public, I hope they are caught and charged.
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

OMG reading this gives me goosebumps. What a foul man!
    My hair will always be in an updo, and even inside a hat/cap when I go outside now.
    98cm 1b/C/10.3cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

This is one of my (hair) nightmares. Because of this, in bus/train I wear my hair in a bun or where I can see it.
    Classic length
    42,3 inches/107,5 cm

I've worried about this when my hair was long enough to stand out but I remind myself the odds are slim and it's actually very low on the list of terrible things that could happen when you leave the house to be honest. Of course I understand it feels a lot scarier to believe that someone who takes your bus has done this. I would wear it up and wear a hat just to have peace of mind.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The chances of that happening are tiny. Be aware of what's going on around you instead of zoning out and all should be well.

That said, I used to fall asleep on the long bus ride to/from work years ago, so an ounce of prevention like having hair safely tucked away is prudent. Nothing ever happened to me or my hair.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

It's very unlikely to happen to you, and pretty much impossible if your hair is bunned or covered. Just be sensible and alert to your surroundings and you'll be fine.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    chin/22/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh my gosh that's horrifying! I totally understand being wary and a bit fearful after that. What kind of monster goes around cutting women's hair off?

I'd be very careful about how I wore my hair on public transport and more aware of my surroundings after that. At the same time, trying not to be paranoid about it happening is important for your own mental health. All we can do is try to stay safe and hope for the best.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

OK, maybe I'm pessimistic and a bad person, but I would not trust the information given. I am just that careful of strange people. It may be true but it may very well not be and she's getting a kick out of trying to scare you and hide your hair from people out of jealousy.

I agree with pisinoe, there are more important things than hair. Ultimately, should something bad happen, but still, you do you. If you like wearing your hair out: do it without a care in the world!

I do, myself, never wear my hair out, just out of safety reasons (catching on stuff, bikes, cars, machinery, not a good idea generally speaking).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)