Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help w/email alerts for subscribed thread & am I actually unsubscribed now? Hmmmm....

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Question Help w/email alerts for subscribed thread & am I actually unsubscribed now? Hmmmm....

Hello!
    I just discovered I’m receiving email alerts for new posts in a thread I don’t think I’d ever posted nor subscribed. They started in March 2022, the most recent sent yesterday Sept 12, 2022. Weekly updates, it seems.

I followed the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email in case I’d inadvertently subscribed. This took me to a page (within longhaircommunty.com) saying “Software Message An invalid threadid or forumid was specified.” (Spelling/grammar copied/pasted exactly, fwiw.)

Next, I clicked through from the email directly to the thread in question. It doesn’t appear I’m subscribed.
    Thread- “What’s your latest non-hair purchase?” https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=149182

Did I miss something about a subscribe glitch? When I clicked through to unsubscribe I didn’t get a message saying “You have Unsubscribed” as I'd have expected, just the invalid thread id message above. Maybe that's how its supposed to work?

Am I unsubscribed, subscribed, or somewhere in the ether? Is there any way for a mod to be able to tell from the back end? Or wait till next week to see if I get another subscribed email alert?

Granted, it’s not a huge deal. But, if I can prevent extraneous email coming in it would be great. I was told this afternoon email was bouncing from another email address I use for work on the same domain as the address I use here. All those accounts share allotted space so I needed to do some "housekeeping" which was how I discovered the subscribe/unsubscribe anomaly.

I don’t have much space in there so have to be, um, prudent to keep things ticking! So if anyone can tell me if I am unsubscribed I'd be grateful!!

Thank you!
    Still Growing! (or maybe not...) 54"+ 5 more inches of fairy tale ends... 1a, F, 2

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Help w/email alerts for subscribed thread & am I actually unsubscribed now? Hmmmm

Post reported. If all else fails and you are now a thread Lifer, you might be able to set up a filter in your email client to route that subject to Trash instead of allowing it to sit in your Inbox
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Help w/email alerts for subscribed thread & am I actually unsubscribed now? Hmmmm

This is a new glitch to me! Usually it is the other way around and people aren't getting notifications they did subscribe to! We shall have to do some poking around

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Post reported. If all else fails and you are now a thread Lifer, you might be able to set up a filter in your email client to route that subject to Trash instead of allowing it to sit in your Inbox
    Thread lifer! Lol! If that’s the case I’ll have to go back and check out the thread more closely. You know- maybe find a corner that has a nice soft chair and get comfortable. My guess is it’s pretty crowded in there!

It has to be a pretty active thread. I’ve been around these parts for ages (post very little but do a fair amount of reading) and I’m sure I’ve seen it on the first page of that sub-forum for probably as long as I’ve been a member.

Maybe they’ll have cookies! 😂

Joking aside, thanks for the suggestion. And I agree. I’ll have to set that up.
    Still Growing! (or maybe not...) 54"+ 5 more inches of fairy tale ends... 1a, F, 2

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I know, right?!? I was pretty surprised myself!
    I’m not much of a thread subscriber anywhere, truth be told. But I do notice question/complains on just about every message board due to people not getting notifications, not the other way around. 😂
    Thanks for the reply, and really hoping you DON’T discover it’s some widespread new issue!

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post

Just checked and was surprised to see the thread was started in 2019! I’m surprised, I thought it had been around much longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by hippie girl View Post
    Just checked and was surprised to see the thread was started in 2019! I’m surprised, I thought it had been around much longer than that.
    It probably just feels like it

I’m going to feel guilty if I post in there now. Maybe we can give you a wave each time

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    It probably just feels like it

I’m going to feel guilty if I post in there now. Maybe we can give you a wave each time
    Lol! Right?! Must never leave the first page. LOL!

But don't feel guilty, Lady Stardust! The more the merrier! Heck, if I had exciting purchases to share I'd probably be posting in there so don't feel guilty!

I do like the wave idea, however. Especially since my mystery subscription is now public knowledge making it seem I'm a creepy, perpetual lurker in there, albeit one who doesn't actually lurk. Does that make me an Accidental Non-lurker?? Yeah, a wave would make that slightly less uncomfortable. lol.
    Unless they were passing out cookies. In that case, I'd be okay just hanging out. lol.

Have I ever read that thread? I don't even know! LOL!
    Now I'm REALLY curious if I've ever posted. My gut says no but maybe I'm mistaken.

I just can't think of anything exciting enough to have said "Right on! I HAVE to share this in “What’s your latest non-hair purchase?”!.
    My expenditures don't go much past cat food, and lots of it. lol.

Guess I'll check! LOL!

Length
    -/54"/-
    Type
    1a/F/ii

UPDATE!
    I DID once post to that thread! About my new-to-me iPhone 8!

That WAS exciting- the screen on the 5 it replaced was being held on by zip ties, magic tape, and one connector inside, if I recall.
    AND it had recently been sprayed by a skunk at close range. (Doing TNR (trap neuter return) of community cats or helping retrieve a lost cat, one or the other.)
    The iPhone still worked flawlessly despite being dropped in my cats water bowl (twice!), skunk spray shot at less than 2 ft. under the screen , and the obvious- a bulging battery forcing the screen completely off the phone.
    That's a sign of quality, right there! LOL!

Interesting, I posted that back in May of 2020. So... far earlier than when the mystery subscription seemed to begin.

Well, at least the mystery of have I ever posted there is solved. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AND I know exactly when I purchased the iPhone 8, which had recently been on my mind. It just started to act up with some weird screen glitches this past week.
    No skunk involved, tho. lol!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hippie girl View Post
    That WAS exciting- the screen on the 5 it replaced was being held on by zip ties, magic tape, and one connector inside, if I recall.
    AND it had recently been sprayed by a skunk at close range. (Doing TNR (trap neuter return) of community cats or helping retrieve a lost cat, one or the other.)
    The iPhone still worked flawlessly despite being dropped in my cats water bowl (twice!), skunk spray shot at less than 2 ft. under the screen , and the obvious- a bulging battery forcing the screen completely off the phone.
    That's a sign of quality, right there! LOL!
    That is amazing! Especially the skunk spray!

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters