Thread: Back on the Old Journey

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

Default Back on the Old Journey

Hi all!
    I am happy to return to this lovely group, and well, motivated to take care of my mane.

I was between bra strap and waist length hair right before corona hit in 2020. I was reaching my goal, and was so focused. By luck or destiny, at that time, someone I got stuck with in my apartment convinced me to cut it all off to my chin. That person knew it was important for me to reach my goal of growing my hair to my hips, but told me I would be prettier and more attractive if I cut it. I will not get into the rest of the details about the scariest and saddest time of my life, but I know now that I let my power belong to someone else. I cut my hair. Now what?

Fast-forward, and I am finally free of that situation, safe and living alone. My hair has grown down to about Bra Strap Length, and I am really eager to return to my original journey, and grow my hair down to my hips.

This journey is for me, to reclaim my power, to make me realize I have all the potential and strength within myself.
    Nobody will ever manipulate me again.

Round 2. Here we go

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Back on the Old Journey

Hi chucky, welcome back! Sorry to hear about that destructive relationship you went through. If it brought you back here to a supportive community with new inner strength and determination, then it wasn't a total loss and more power to you! I love your last two sentences, "This journey is for me, to reclaim my power, to make me realize I have all the potential and strength within myself. Nobody will ever manipulate me again."

That's just awesome.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! I can't remember whether or not I said hello to you when you were on the site back in '19. Enjoy your new place. . . I have an apartment to myself for the first time in more than a decade, and even though I never had housemates that nasty, it's still such a relief to have a place to myself! Hope you're feeling the same way, and good luck regrowing your hair <3

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah. You live. You learn. Thank goodness you realized when you did.

Happy growing. And welcome back!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome back!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights