Hi there, I'm trying shampoo & conditioner bars and in researching, at least one of the brands said you could/should do an ACV rinser after.

My hair is naturally dark with a little grey and is now coloured reddish (Herbatint). Is it safe to use the ACV every time I wash (every 3-4 days)? Or should I steer away from it altogether since my hair is coloured?

Also, it's a long time since I did ACV rinses, and couldn't remember if it should be rinsed. I did an ACV rinse today because I thought it might help my hair respond to the bars, as some info I've read said that users found using S&C bars took a couple of weeks for the old product to get fully removed. I thought it didn't need to be rinsed and it looked pretty ratty

I'm using 2 TBSP in 2c. water. I read in an old thread that it can give hair red highlights...which I guess is good since it's coloured red...but I'm concerned about the lack of control of the colour quality and don't want it to cause damage (if it actually does - maybe it's not an issue). I've seen that some opt for white vinegar, and a few people do wine vinegar to help the colour, but I'm not sure if they started with virgin hair or coloured. As an aside, I'm in a soft-water region.

After it dried (hopefully I didn't do damage!!) I re-soaked it to give it a good rinse, and followed up with the conditioner bar only. Now it looks like it has for quite some time, after regular bottled S&C. So, not ideal (kind of frizzy, but it's usually like that even with leave-in). The experiment continues, so I'm hoping over the next few weeks it'll look better.