Thread: Red head says hello :)

Default Red head says hello :)

Hi, I'm new here. I lost almost "all" of my hair last year after too many hair dyes, had to do a big chop and still my hair crumbled away even more. About last february my hair finally stopped crumbling and now I'm trying to grow it as long as possible, but this feels very slow because my hair is growing only 1cm per month. My hair is now shoulder lenght (at the longest, shorter are to my chin). I'm a chemical redhead so I've had some challenges how to stay red and get healthy(ish) long hair. Now I'm using Igora royal hair dye with 3% developer to my roots when they grow and La riche directions weekly to all over my hair, mixed with hair mask. I used colormasks earlier, but I think this dye+mask is better option for me. Is here anyone else who has colorful hair? How do you manage to take care of your long hair and color at the same time?

I have started to do oil treatments to my hair and scalp, but I'm a little confused how I should manage with all this oil treatments and red color (oils fade my color). I have oily scalp and I have to wash my hair every second day, but my hair and especially ends are really dry, fragile and high porosity. I don't like my curls (usually 2b, goes between 2a-2c depending on what I do) so I don't want to go that curly girl method...

Ps. Sorry if my english is funny, I don't need to speak or write english ever in my life except here and traveling. 😅

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Red head says hello :)

Hi! Welcome!

1 cm, or about half an inch is an average growth rate. Hair grows slowly, I know!

Color takes its own toll on hair, but if you stick to one color and the same products, you should be *just fine*. It's the constant back and forth with different colors that is rotten for healthy hair! Ask me how I know!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Welcome. I think as long as you are doing roots only with the damaging dye, you should be okay. Since you love red, you may want to look into henna. It's permanent and doesn't fade. The downside is that if you want to remove it, it's nearly impossible.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Hi and welcome!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about dyes, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people and loads of information in the threads. Have a look around and good luck with your growth journey!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! Your English is fine--no need to be embarrassed. We are a very international crowd here : )

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Welcome. I think as long as you are doing roots only with the damaging dye, you should be okay. Since you love red, you may want to look into henna. It's permanent and doesn't fade. The downside is that if you want to remove it, it's nearly impossible.
    I have used henna for 10 years. Henna makes my hair more mahogany and darker than the nice copper or red I like. That's why I changed back to "normal" hair dye last year.