Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mousse vs. Gel?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Mousse vs. Gel?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Angel View Post
    Thanks for this! Do you brush your hair after applying? Let it air dry? Scrunch? Do you have any recommendations for mousse?

Do you find these things dry out your hair or are they fine? I used one leave in conditioner that gave my curls a good hold, but it made my hair dry and brittle looking! Marc Anthony grow long leave-in conditioner.
    I wash, wring my hair out, put my hair into the microfiber towel (non-textured) for 15-30 minutes, and then when it comes out I detangle it. By then it is mostly damp and that is when I put my styling products in. I scrunch them in, then no longer touch my hair with a brush or comb (until next wash day).

No I don't feel it dries out my hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I wash, wring my hair out, put my hair into the microfiber towel (non-textured) for 15-30 minutes, and then when it comes out I detangle it. By then it is mostly damp and that is when I put my styling products in. I scrunch them in, then no longer touch my hair with a brush or comb (until next wash day).

No I don't feel it dries out my hair.
    Awesome, thanks!!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Awesome, thanks!!!
    Oh, but I have to mention I use a mousse explicitly for curly hair (when I use my mousse). I have a volume mousse and boy, that does dry out my hair... quite a bit! I guess volume is something entirely different than curl enhancement! Who'd have thunk! LOL!

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh, but I have to mention I use a mousse explicitly for curly hair (when I use my mousse). I have a volume mousse and boy, that does dry out my hair... quite a bit! I guess volume is something entirely different than curl enhancement! Who'd have thunk! LOL!
    Oooh this is very helpful! I'd probably get one for curly hair so that I can hopefully define my waves a bit more!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oooh this is very helpful! I'd probably get one for curly hair so that I can hopefully define my waves a bit more!!
    Oh yes, that is the way to go! If you have just a tad bit texture in your hair (generally speaking), I would already go for a curl mousse, they are generally better at dealing with fuzzies and frizz. Volume is only nice when you have silky smooth hair.

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh yes, that is the way to go! If you have just a tad bit texture in your hair (generally speaking), I would already go for a curl mousse, they are generally better at dealing with fuzzies and frizz. Volume is only nice when you have silky smooth hair.
    SO interesting! What would we do without hair products, eh???

Good to hear I'm not the only one trying to figure things out for my hair!! I feel like it's a lifelong process, haha! For heatless curls, have you ever tried cozy curlers? They're pretty awesome! You can google them if interested, and they should pop up!
    Ohhh they look so good! I will definitely look into those to use when I want my hair to look a bit more consistent! Thank you

Length
    16/16/20
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I've been really enjoying Joiwhip mousse this summer, it has decent hold and I don't need tons of it. I believe it has some proteins, not sure how your hair feels about those, and it's pricier than the drug store mousses. I use some leave in or curl cream under it. I was liking a Pantene curly mousse for a while, but it started to seem drying as I reached the end of the can.

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I find hairspray makes my hair sticky or crunchy and gel makes it sticky, so I love mousse. I grew out my bangs several years ago and mousse was a godsend. I still use it to give my roots a small lift.