Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassed. Need help figuring out my hair type and best routine!!!

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Embarrassed. Need help figuring out my hair type and best routine!!!

Hi everyone!

So I'm super embarrassed posting this picture, because my hair just looks bad when air-dried, I find. I always thought my hair was pin-straight. But when I let it air-dry, this is what it looks like with absolutely nothing in my hair and completely air-dried after washing. All virgin hair. Thing is, the wavy doesn't start at my scalp! Can anyone help me figure out my hair type? This is new to my so I'm lost. Is my hair curly??!

Would anyone recommend a good routine based on pictures? It dries out really frizzy with some weird wave pieces.

I'm recovering from a bad hair shedding two years ago and trying to grow it out until I reach classic, which is 5 inches from now (currently at 45", classic for me is 50", I'm 5"10).

Anyone have some lovely tips, ideas, recommendations for me and can tell me what my hair type is??! Thank you!!!
    Last edited by TatsuOni; August 16th, 2022 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Removed links

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Embarrassed. Need help figuring out my hair type and best routine!!!

Just start reading, there's enormous info here and there's a hair typing thread on the Mane Forum. Also, you know your name is on your pictures, right? There are a lot of lurkers, you may want to rethink this.

Oh, and welcome.

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Embarrassed. Need help figuring out my hair type and best routine!!!

Definitely use a service like imgur to host your pictures. iCloud is tagging your real name

Also, be sure to post in other areas of the boards. Posting in the new member area doesn’t increase your post count, and you’ll need to increase your post count to do things like edit your profile and edit posts, etc

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Looks like 2a. But yes, if you don't want your real name here, put your pictures up on imgur (make a folder to put them in and put that on private otherwise you will get weird hair comments on your pictures since they will be open to the imgur "public").

And welcome, again.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you SO much everyone, for letting me know my name was on those photos. I didn't realize! AH! I deleted them on my end, so when clicking the link it should no longer work! Thanks for everyone's input!

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Looks like 2a. But yes, if you don't want your real name here, put your pictures up on imgur (make a folder to put them in and put that on private otherwise you will get weird hair comments on your pictures since they will be open to the imgur "public").

And welcome, again.

Thank you so much for letting me know about the name on my pictures! (did a respond to all regarding this!)

Thanks for input on hair type...I was thinking 2a as well!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The links didn't work anymore, but I still went ahead and deleted them for you. Better to be safe I think

//Tatsu

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    The links didn't work anymore, but I still went ahead and deleted them for you. Better to be safe I think

//Tatsu
    Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it! Boy, I guess there's a bit of a learning curve to navigate all of this for me!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Angel View Post
    Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it! Boy, I guess there's a bit of a learning curve to navigate all of this for me!
    Oh gosh don't worry! Everyone can make that mistake. And it's become a trend to put your real name on stuff these days, has been my observation. When I first came on the net (in the 90s), people had nicknames, used super original nicks sometimes and now? Totally the opposite which is why you need to be careful, IMHO.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Oh gosh don't worry! Everyone can make that mistake. And it's become a trend to put your real name on stuff these days, has been my observation. When I first came on the net (in the 90s), people had nicknames, used super original nicks sometimes and now? Totally the opposite which is why you need to be careful, IMHO.
    Awe thanks for being so patient and lovely with me!!! Oh yes, I hate my real name out there! I definitely don't like to be tracked! I am so glad I know that when I share a photo via iCloud, it actually uses my real name! I thought it just directed to a website link with a picture - no clue it contained any of my personal information! I guess I'll reserve that type of sharing for relatives!