Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

  1. #41
    Member cookies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    62
    Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    It's been taking me way less time than I thought these days, around 2 hours to dry completely (APL). I keep it in a towel for around 20-30min of that time.

  2. #42

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Genuinely it seems to take forever. I have thin fine hair, but I can sleep and wake up with still wet hair.

    Whenever I have tried to air dry I give up because I get too cold after an hour or two and go to warm up with the hairdryer.

    I think it's because I'm cold blooded. My partner goes to sleep with wet hair, I feel his head with my hand and the wet hair is warm!!! mine goes freezing cold and stays that way!!

  3. #43
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷 Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,226
    Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Several hours, it really sucks. On the rare occasion that there's humidity where I live, it'll dry insanely fast though. It feels like a miracle!

  4. #44
    Member mochichichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    121
    Length
    Chin/37"TB/Term
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Usually I wrap my hair up in a microfiber towel until the towel is soaked, then I let it out and go to bed. When I wake up in the morning it is usually a little damp, and if I bun damp then it will still be damp when I take it down at the end of the day.

    Last time I waited for it to dry while I was awake, I gave up somewhere around the 6 hour mark and it wasn't done yet.

  5. #45
    Member Annssahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    54
    Length
    SL/BSL/Class
    Type
    1b/M/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    Usually I wrap my hair up in a microfiber towel until the towel is soaked, then I let it out and go to bed. When I wake up in the morning it is usually a little damp, and if I bun damp then it will still be damp when I take it down at the end of the day.

    Last time I waited for it to dry while I was awake, I gave up somewhere around the 6 hour mark and it wasn't done yet.
    Same! I (stupidly, I know my hair) put it into two braids the other night... still very damp when I woke up. Left it for half the day.... still very damp. I ended up having to let it free for it to finally finish drying... after another 2-3 hours.

  6. #46
    Member mochichichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    121
    Length
    Chin/37"TB/Term
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annssahh View Post
    Same! I (stupidly, I know my hair) put it into two braids the other night... still very damp when I woke up. Left it for half the day.... still very damp. I ended up having to let it free for it to finally finish drying... after another 2-3 hours.
    I never sleep with braids--my hair gets super crazy and tangled and it's awful. But I have definitely had to bun damp to get out of the house on occasion and it is always wet when I get home and then it takes the rest of the night to day. I am considering starting doing a bit of a blow dry on my scalp and using a floor fan for the length.

  7. #47
    Member Fiorentina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    452
    Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    My hair takes a few hours to dry.
    The hairline at the back of the head in particular takes a long time, it almost feels like an eternity.
    ...back to my natural hair color...

  8. #48
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66,733
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticfoxes View Post
    Genuinely it seems to take forever. I have thin fine hair, but I can sleep and wake up with still wet hair.

    Whenever I have tried to air dry I give up because I get too cold after an hour or two and go to warm up with the hairdryer.

    I think it's because I'm cold blooded. My partner goes to sleep with wet hair, I feel his head with my hand and the wet hair is warm!!! mine goes freezing cold and stays that way!!
    It takes my hair 8+ hours to get dry. I tend to try and get the best of all worlds, toweldry 15 minutes so it's all nice and soaked up, then air dry for 4/5 hours so I don't need to blow dry for that long anymore; 5 minutes will do it! Beats blowing it dry straight from the towel, because I'd be at it 30 minutes!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  9. #49

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    That is true, blowdrying after air drying a little does cut the drying time. if I'm not freezing cold or need to go anywhere i do that sometimes.

  10. #50
    Member Happymaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    58
    Length
    12.5/15.5/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

    Default Re: How long does it take from your hair to get dry after wash when you air dry it?

    My hair is definitely high porosity and just soaks up any moisture thirstily. It is now just below chin length at the shortest it will be in at least 10 years, so drying time is super quick. Air dry completely in 30 minutes without even scrunching it with a towel.

    I'm looking forward to seeing that drying time grow and grow over the coming years. Although I'm making the transition from WO to SO so my hair won't be seeing water for a while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •