Thread: Is enybody else using fenugreek soaking water for hair? :)

Default Is enybody else using fenugreek soaking water for hair? :)

I think this is a great sparing idea When you prepare fenugreek seeds to eat and let them soak in water overnight, don't throw that water away but use it as a leave-in rinse conditioner, or add it to your conditioner. I'm just having this water in my hair, and last time I added it into conditioner (after this treatment my hair was really shiny, but it also could be result of my coconut oil-shampoo-mixture so I can't say it for sure yet, but it anyway is general knowledge that fenugreek is great for hair).

Default Re: Is enybody else using fenugreek soaking water for hair? :)

Actually I think it could be a great idea to start adding fenugreek seeds to rice water... 🤔

In herbal haircare you can combine cooking and beauty so splended! 😄
    Last edited by Priska; August 22nd, 2022 at 10:43 PM.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Actually I think it could be a great idea to start adding fenugreek seeds to rice water... ��
    I just saw this, I might give it a try next week.
    98cm 1b/C/10.3cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Yes, I usually use fenugreek-soaking water as a detangling spray or to dip my hair into as a leave-in after washing. Sometimes I get indulgent and it winds up going into cake instead ( ;

It's a pity that I can't remember the result of the treatment that I decribed in the beginning, but it's possible that I made the mistake that I rinsed the fenugreek rinse out with water. Yesterday I rinsed my hair with fenugreek water and left the water in my hair as a leave in (I used rice water rinsing method so I really rinsed properly, I also let the seeds soak a couple of days before that) (I also prepared a fenugreek-aloe vera -hairspray) Right after wash this didn't seem to have any noticeable effect and I thought the amount of water was too great compared to the amount of fenugreek seeds. Next day anyway the result is clear and remarkably good! In the evening even better than in the morning. Lovely glowing and soft hair! Again I washed my hair with shampoo-coconut oil mixture and conditioned it with thick conditioner before fenugreek rinse so still I can't be sure how much credit goes to them, but fenugreek has always been great for my hair and I believe the shine is result of it, but at least I know that this is good combination (coconut oil shampoo, conditioner and fenugreek leave-in rinse) for me.
    Last edited by Priska; August 22nd, 2022 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Yes, I usually use fenugreek-soaking water as a detangling spray or to dip my hair into as a leave-in after washing. Sometimes I get indulgent and it winds up going into cake instead ( ;
    Yummyy... 😛 so lovely that you (or we) can eat your (our) conditioners!

This time I anyway skipped using vinegar so that for sure the glow doesn't come from that. I think my hair gets better and silkier with fenugreek than with vinegar, but I must continue my testing... 🤔😉