Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELLO! I am so excited to be here! :)) From a land up north!

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Red face HELLO! I am so excited to be here! :)) From a land up north!

Hi ladies!

I am so excited to be here - I've been wanting to partake in this community for awhile but I've been shy, I guess! I'm finally doing it! I am currently between tailbone and classic, and have been growing it from a very awkward "Karen" cut (I didn't ask for it ha!) back in 2011. So it's been 11 years of growing, with trims, chops, regretful salon visits, and learning experiences along the way! I've learnt to trim my own hair because of a stylist who chopped my hair from hip to above BSL because it was "damaged". Yeah it definitely felt nice and fresh for like a month, but then the sorrowful "I miss my long hair" and scramming to try every hair treatment, masque (even mayonnaise! which actually does make it shiny haha), hair growth techniques out there just to get it long again. That was back in 2018. I've done a chop and a couple trims since, but I always regret the chop. I haven't trimmed it in two years because I'm just trying to let it growwwwwww. It is now finally reaching classic, my ultimate goal length (but won't complain if it goes longer).

I take good care of it and sometimes have bouts of neglect, but for the most part I bun it daily, don't wear it down much unless I'm going out on nice occasions, use a silk pillow case, silk cap with it in a bun, use hair sticks etc. My biggest problem with my hair, is that back in 2019-early 2020, I had a huge hair shed due to losing weight (keto) which completely thinned out the thickness of my hair and now I have a bunch of see-through hair for like a foot. It's already fine to begin with, so this really was tragic for me. My hemline is almost non-existent. I would love some help as to how to care for my hair and what will make it work (future posts) because my hair seems to be frizzy and the hair follicles don't lay flat or smooth together. It's very straggly. But I can't chop it all off, I just can't. So I'm trying to work with what I've got. My thought was to let it grow to classic and start trimming as it grows in hopes for it to be overall better and grow thicker. My hair did start growing out in thickness from that dreadful hair shed, and now I am much higher in protein in my diet along with complex carbs. I have trouble with a restrict/binge cycle that I am learning to balance out and stop restricting calories or food groups (I was vegan too back in 2016-2017).

Like I'd mentioned, my hair is very thin and see through but when I set it in a bun, it comes out super shiny without any hair products. It probably could use a trim but overall I think the hair is healthy! Check out my profile picture. I'm also trying to explore my hair type, because I'm honestly not sure about it. I'll probably post something about it in the future! Hair is currently 45 inches long, measured yesterday.

file:///var/folders/rk/_m259qm54cdgj6_fk1rlt09c0000gn/T/com.apple.Safari/WebKitDropDestination-87Ql00W7/Photo%20on%202022-02-13%20at%2011.36%20AM.jpg

I have no clue if the above link is going to work! How do I add a picture in my post without it being an URL?

Can't wait to be a part of this community! Thanks everyone!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: HELLO! I am so excited to be here! :)) From a land up north!

Welcome. To put a picture here, you need to upload it to a photohosting site first. Nobody can directly access your computer.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Haha! yeah I more meant if there's a way to upload a picture from my computer into this message, kind of like you would in Gmail. No big deal!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Angel View Post
    Haha! yeah I more meant if there's a way to upload a picture from my computer into this message, kind of like you would in Gmail. No big deal!
    You can't upload directly to this site. I use imgur.com
    You can upload your photo to that site, edit, then copy/paste to LHC.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    You can't upload directly to this site. I use imgur.com
    You can upload your photo to that site, edit, then copy/paste to LHC.
    I use imgur too. Just make an account there, make a folder (set it to private or else you will have comments on your pictures and not exactly nice ones when it concerns hair), upload your pictures there, and then grab the BBCode next to the picture once it's uploaded.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thanks so much!

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I use imgur too. Just make an account there, make a folder (set it to private or else you will have comments on your pictures and not exactly nice ones when it concerns hair), upload your pictures there, and then grab the BBCode next to the picture once it's uploaded.
    Thank you so much! I appreciate the info!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you! Best of luck for recovering from this recent shed.

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you so much!!