Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, this is killing me, rare, inlaid Elymwold forks for sale

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Okay, this is killing me, rare, inlaid Elymwold forks for sale

ALL ITEMS HAVE FOUND HOMES; THE SALE IS NOW CLOSED!After more than 8 years of NEVER cutting and growing my thin hair to classic, it's time for me to face the fact that my hair will always be too thin to hold some toys.

This makes me so sad that my throat is actually closing a little as I write this.

Along the way of my hair journey I have collected some AMAZING hair toys. Many of them are/were rare, even when I got them. In order to ease the pain, I am going to try to sell a few at a time, starting with the ones that are the biggest and that I have probably never worn or worn only once. I am a SUPER busy professional and my time is extremely limited so please don't ask me what I have or to post pics of things I don't have for sale. It is breaking my heart to give these up... I freely admit that I am not selling these cheap. That said, I am probably selling at close to what I paid.

I am gonna assign each of these forks a number and please use that number if you want the fork.

Now for all the disclaimer stuff. I will ship everything in Priority Mail boxes. Shipping is $8 in the USA and I am only able to ship to the USA. I don't have time to run to the post office to ship to other countries. I will send you a pic of the Tracking number and the package. Once things leave my possession, I am no longer responsible for them. I don't take returns.

1. I think this is spalted tamarind inlaid with either turquoise or malachite. There are two thin bands of inlaid silver on each side of the crushed stone. $125 PENDING

2. Pretty sure this one is inlaid with turquoise. No idea what the woods are. $100 SOLD!!!!

3. This is a bargain because one of this pair of forks is damaged. It has been smoothed down but it's not perfect. It does not snag my spider fine hair but I can't say what will happen in yours. I have included a picture to show the smoothed sides of the tines. Obviously, the bottoms of these forks are ebony. Don't know what the wood on the tops is. Pretty sure the inlay is turquoise. $90 SOLD!!!!!

4. This one is the biggest bargain. Not because it's damaged or lower quality, I just don't like it as much as the others and feel more able to give it up. Don't know what the woods are, pretty sure the inlay is malachite but not sure. $75 PENDING
    Last edited by lunasea; August 9th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Okay, this is killing me, rare, inlaid Elymwold forks for sale

One last pic of the last fork that I couldn't get in the last post:

Oh, and a side picture of one of the pair so that you can see how the inlay wraps around the side of Elymwold forks- in many cases it also goes all the way through and you can see it from the underside.
    Last edited by lunasea; August 7th, 2022 at 06:29 PM.
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Type
    1b/F/i

Fork #2 is sold.

Type
    1b/F/i

CALAELEN dear, your mailbox is full!!!!

Type
    1b/F/i

As of now, all of the forks are either sold or pending.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That went fast. Hope they have a nice new home.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/i

Every last one of them is going to the best possible home. I couldn't ask to give up my treasures to nicer folks!
    Last edited by lunasea; August 8th, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Oh that’s great lunasea!! So glad you are happy to be sending these off, however much it might be bittersweet to do so.

It’s the LHC magic at work.
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Type
    1b/F/i

CALAELEN your mailbox is full again but I wanted to let you know that the transfer went through!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Oh that’s great lunasea!! So glad you are happy to be sending these off, however much it might be bittersweet to do so.

It’s the LHC magic at work.
    I've let go a few things that were made easier by the fact that I knew they were going to a good home to be treasured. It really does help.